French Car Day: Beaulieu; July 8th

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Re: French Car Day: Beaulieu; July 8th

Post by andmcit »

Not being a pessimist, really I'm not but...

Is the weather going to participate for you guys?? The organisers are warning people NOT to go to
F1 Silverstone for the Sat practice/qualy even! If you have the British Grand Prix and factor in
Wimbledon finals, you just know it's going to be the worst day of the year for rain!!!
Last edited by andmcit on 06 Jul 2012, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I'm going to see how it works out tomorrow. If it gets to the stage of trunk roads being closed I may reconsider. The museum itself must be inside so that'll be something to do if turnout it poor.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ah well, im not quite as disappointed im not going now, not with this weather! We have flood warnings out for overnight and tomorrow and it seems pretty UK spread.

Ill be in the garage on Sunday, polishing the XM :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Alec B
My Cars:

Post by Alec B »

The weather isn't too bad for Beaulieu tomorrow, http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , but if it does turn bad their is quite a lot to do indoors, also it's in a lovely part of the world with some nice roads to drive around. Anyhow good luck to all who go. I'll be in my works van (red Astra) as the wife and kids need the car :roll: sporting a white and blue umbrella and Green 'Animal' anorak (not painting a good picture of myself am I) :-D .
Current Car
C5 Estate VTR 1.6HDi 2005 S2

Previous French Cars
Pug 205 Gti 1.6 1985.
Xantia Estate LX 2000 90bhp HDi
Xsara Picasso VTX 1.6 HDi (92) 2007
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

I'm not going to go either - I would possibly if the family wanted to, as we could do other stuff if the fields turn brown and sticky.

There it is. Sodding weather. Could be worse - could be at Silverstone!
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
Alec B
My Cars:

Post by Alec B »

Had a great time at Beaulieu. Had to leave at lunchtime but managed to have a look at some great cars including Dee Esses (including a Safari), CX's, BX's (GTi 4x4), C6's, Visa's, Xantia Estate and many other's. Weather was perfect. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Hope everyone else who went enjoyed themselves.
Current Car
C5 Estate VTR 1.6HDi 2005 S2

Previous French Cars
Pug 205 Gti 1.6 1985.
Xantia Estate LX 2000 90bhp HDi
Xsara Picasso VTX 1.6 HDi (92) 2007
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

It has been a fantastic weekend. The fun started as soon as it started getting dimpsey. Streams running either side of the roads; flooding; 50 odd cows ambling along the A35 in a fog with half the Dorset police force involved in the rolling road block; XM headlights being XM headlights and not being able to see more than a few metres in front of the car and of course lastly but by no means least, having it rain inside the car while going downhill. When I stopped off at a service station and got out I looked like I had properly pissed myself (not laughing may I add). It was really quite embarrassing when I walked in to the service station to buy a roll of gaffer tape and a Wispa. The former to seal up or at least stop huge amounts of water getting in. I made a temporary shelter with my coat while drying off the edges to stick the tape on, a surprisingly effective repair! It got taken off for Beaulieu, I didn't want XMs getting needless stick.

While we're on the subject of water, this morning I decided to wind down the drivers window. It went down about 2 inches before stopping and refusing to go up. It's done this before but it has come back to life a few minutes later...the window is still open but has another cunning gaffer tape repair until I can get around to looking at it.

Flooding was bad on the way back, the A35 was closed at Dorchester. I went along a back road around and came across some floods, it was just hitting the bumper on most cars so I was half expecting the one or two in front to just stop. Cranked the XM up to high and she sailed through, along with the C6 that was following me :-D
I've never driven through flooding like it before so it was a bit of an experience.

I stayed in the same hotel as a couple of BXers which worked out well as I had completely forgotten about the convoy starting at a local services. Must have been 6 or so BXs, me and a GS/A.

The event itself was fantastic, a really wide selection of different cars spanning over 100 years. Only one XM and Xantia, the Xantia was a German S2 Estate. Far too many makes and models to list individually, some cars I had never heard of before. The museum was also brilliant, the Bond section in particular. Some of the Top Gear cars were there too. I could have spent a lot more time looking around the museum, didn't get around to the house and gardens at all. I would be very surprised if they don't do it again next year. If they do, this is without question a must go to event.

I've got some photos which I need to sort out.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

red_dwarfers wrote:The event itself was fantastic, a really wide selection of different cars spanning over 100 years. Only one XM and Xantia, the Xantia was a German S2 Estate. Far too many makes and models to list individually, some cars I had never heard of before. The museum was also brilliant, the Bond section in particular. Some of the Top Gear cars were there too. I could have spent a lot more time looking around the museum, didn't get around to the house and gardens at all. I would be very surprised if they don't do it again next year. If they do, this is without question a must go to event.
Kev,

I couldn't agree more, I even managed to get sunburnt 8-) :shock: I dread to think how much some of the cars were worth, anyway, a piccy's to keep you entertained http://photobucket.com/SimplyFrench" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Sounds a good day that - thanks for the photos Steve. :-D

Good to see John out and about in our old CX GTi Turbo 2 - fantastic car that was - http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... G_1406.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice collection of Visa's too - http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... 1551-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a shame it's too far away - been to the museum before when I was down that way, but a bit far for a day trip. Were they running the Monorail around the whole park?
Franklin
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Citroening wrote:Sounds a good day that - thanks for the photos Steve. :-D
It was Franklin, some really stunning cars those Facel Vega's were amazing :-D and when you heard the brubble of the Chrysler V8 running....... =D> =D> =D> =D>
Citroening wrote:Were they running the Monorail around the whole park?
It was running, there was some good stuff inside as well, Ihave to upload those picture yet....
Steve

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

The V8 has got to be my favourite engine - such a great noise... :-D

Excellent - I particularly remember the bit where the monorail goes though the roof of the museum building which was quite good. :)
Franklin
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Some good pictures there Steve, very nice cars amongst those lot. Good to see the 'CityBugs' with a good turnout!

Ill be there if its on next year, im not missing it again!
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

According to the annoucements yesterday, they will be, and yes the CityBugs were in goodly numbers, and friendly too :-D I was having a good chat with the guy that owns 01 and a young lady that was in the white one with the chequered roof. It was a pleasure to meet them, they were really enthusiastic :-D
Steve

Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:According to the annoucements yesterday, they will be, and yes the CityBugs were in goodly numbers, and friendly too :-D I was having a good chat with the guy that owns 01 and a young lady that was in the white one with the chequered roof. It was a pleasure to meet them, they were really enthusiastic :-D
Im on the Citybug website, its very friendly. Great little cars too, good to see such an enthusiasm for them 8-)
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Just noticed the Gendarmarie Renault 4, that is brilliant 8-)

There is still an excellent set of doors and a rear boot lid for an R4 in our garage, if anyone needs them! Along with many other R4 bits, its no wonder its tight putting the car in there :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10