Yay!! FCF normality has resumed once again!

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

andmcit
My Cars:

Yay!! FCF normality has resumed once again!

Post by andmcit »

Err, everything all right guys? Once was a glitch, twice is starting a pattern!! lol
I'm just thrilled I don't keep loading a page with a bleeding typo on it!!

BTW - it's endeavor...!!

[-X

Flipping the flag on the banner to keep the peace with it starting blue from the left
blew up the stability of the forum??
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Yay!! FCF normality has resumed once again!

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, we had a few problems last evening which Xac laboured long into the night to sort out. Thanks Xac =D>

Typo? What typo?

Is there one on the maintenance page? If so that’s MY fault as I host those :oops: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Yes, that was a fun evening - not
Still I managed to get into the database long enough to dump the data, then restore it and so I don't think anything was lost.
I've now set it to split into individual database files for each table rather than one big 1.5GB+ file, so hopefully that will sort it, otherwise the problem is the time service the servers use getting things wrong so causing a temporal paradox in the database logs (I kid you not).
Depending on how busy I am this weekend, I may take it down and upgrade to the newest version of MySQL, or be evil and put it on MS SQLExpress mwhahahahaha! (no)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent work Xac :-D A real heroic piece of work indeed. I can't see anythjing missing at all. Looks excellent to me and I took a good backup this morning...

We all owe you a huge debt of gratitude :-D
Xac wrote: Depending on how busy I am this weekend, I may take it down and upgrade to the newest version of MySQL, or be evil and put it on MS SQLExpress mwhahahahaha! (no)
Good idea oh wise one :wink:

Rather than SQLExpress what about putting it on a LAMP stack? :twisted: :lol:

Andrew, I see the typo now... Just for you I shall correct it :wink: Especially as you may be looking at them again this weekend! I can see how staring at a holding page in terrible despair and frustration that contains a typo is just too much to bear....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The lightening strike on the Tyne Bridge was spectacular.

Xac - you should have blamed the malfunction on the weather while you had the chance :twisted:
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Thanks for being so efficient :-D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair