Last chance to visit JDHT museum Coventry Sunday 24th

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Last chance to visit JDHT museum Coventry Sunday 24th

Post by xantia_v6 »

</frenchcarcontent>

The Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust museum located at the old Browns Lane factory site is closing later this year, due the the site being redeveloped for housing. The owners of Jaguar Cars have decided not to re-establish the facility elsewhere, so the museum in it current form will disappear.

The museum is currently open weekdays and on the last Sunday of each month. I am going for a last visit on Sunday 24th June. If anyone else would like to join me, you would be most welcome.

The museum is fairly compact (housed in the original Jaguar factory showroom from the 1950s) and there are typically about 30 cars on display from the collection, plus various other static exhibits. I suppose the visit there would occupy an hour or two.

Perhaps this could be followed by a visit to the Coventry Transport Coventry Transport Museum in the afternoon?

Respond here if interested

<frenchcarcontent>

You may bring your French car.
Last edited by xantia_v6 on 17 Jun 2012, 07:28, edited 2 times in total.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: Last chance to visit the JDHT museum in Coventry

Post by red_dwarfers »

We had quite a job trying to find the Jag museum, in the end we found ourselves in the current factory and then gave up. We did go to the Coventry Transport Museum though, that is an amazing place. An entire Peugeot section with 405's 205, 306s etc and a good amount of info on the closing of the Ryton plant. There were a couple land speed record vehicles, huge amount of model cars, mock up British car dealerships, tractors, buses, bicycles, early 1900 vehicles. Everything. If it wasn't so far away, I'd go again!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Last chance to visit the JDHT museum in Coventry

Post by CitroJim »

I'm very keen to go Mike...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Last chance to visit JDHT museum Coventry Sunday 24th

Post by xantia_v6 »

Next Sunday!!

Meet at the JDHT carpark at 10:30.