CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 7-9/09/2012.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - BIG UPDATE PAGE 3!!!

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote: That's most kind of you Jim, an offer I shall not refuse! Thank you!
No problem at all Mike :) There's still one place left but whoever has it will be sleeping with a server (not actually, but it's in the same room) and it's a tad noisy.... You've got the quiet room Mike...
If it really bothers the other person, the server doesn't bother me - I work nights, I can sleep through anything... Well, I'm presuming it's not a rack full of DL380s running at full load..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote: Well, I'm presuming it's not a rack full of DL380s running at full load..
They are seriously noisy.. Ear defenders are mandatory at our salt-mine when in their vicinity... Anyway, could never afford the electricity bill to run a rackful...

Mine's just an old PowerMac G4 with noisy fan bearings... It just seems bloody loud in the dead of night
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

bloody wimps, you not staying to get wasted on hombrew and wake up at 6 in the morning after 3 hours sleep in the sort of position that would suggest you had died of some sort of seizure then?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:bloody wimps
Speaking just for myself here Dean but sadly advancing years have put paid to such activities :cry: :cry: :cry: It's no fun getting old... I've reached the stage in life where the best conclusion to a good night out is a nice cup of Horlicks :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

you obviously partied too hard too young Jim :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:
Speaking just for myself here Dean but sadly advancing years have put paid to such activities :cry: :cry: :cry: It's no fun getting old... I've reached the stage in life where the best conclusion to a good night out is a nice cup of Horlicks :evil:
Crickey! Danielle and I hit that point a few years back!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Sounds like its going to be a fantastic weekend!

I'm really looking forward to Bletchley park, I'm certain that will bring the crowds in :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

We had you up at Little Horwood to midnight last year on the Saturday Night Jim! :twisted: :twisted:

BTW, if anyone hasn't been to this, some pics of last years event are here - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 42#p286842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Franklin
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote: Well, I'm presuming it's not a rack full of DL380s running at full load..
They are seriously noisy.. Ear defenders are mandatory at our salt-mine when in their vicinity... Anyway, could never afford the electricity bill to run a rackful...

Mine's just an old PowerMac G4 with noisy fan bearings... It just seems bloody loud in the dead of night
Yes, they are noisy. I had to balance the power on a rack of them yesterday, stood behind it for about an hour. It was, at least, nice and warm. I really should wear ear plugs more often when I go in the DC. I occasionally do, but I'm rarely in there for that long. If I am, then I do. I often leave them in when I come out too, it stops people talking to me..
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote:bloody wimps, you not staying to get wasted on hombrew and wake up at 6 in the morning after 3 hours sleep in the sort of position that would suggest you had died of some sort of seizure then?
D
Heh. Not a hope. You Brits can't drink properly. You all pass out way too early, and I end up simply half-cut and bored with no one left to talk to!

Seriously - it happens to me! I spent my early drinking years in Greece, where we would start earlier and finish a lot, lot later, so we'd drink more, but a little slower, and be completely wasted by oh, about 6am when it was time to go home for a shower before we went back to work again....
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Horlicks? I prefer Milo, it's more of a chocolately flavour, but still has the malty kick. Adriana introduced me to it, they like it in South America.

I sometimes have a valium chaser :-)
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

red_dwarfers wrote:Sounds like its going to be a fantastic weekend!

I'm really looking forward to Bletchley park, I'm certain that will bring the crowds in :D
Yes, me too. It's a lot more of an interesting place than <no carrier> :twisted:
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Ill certainly be there. Looking forward to it, although after DSM I swore not to eat at the Shoulder of Mutton again!
I think Dean summed last years CXM up nicely for me!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Im very much looking forward to this and a look around Bletchley park. I'll be there both days. By the sounds of things I might well avoid the Shoulder of Mutton too, im pretty gad I did this time! The Toby Carvery I had was perfect :lol:

Not sure what im bringing yet, my dad is talking about bringing the XM estate, I'll be in either my Xm or Activa.

Lets hope for some good weather and it'll be a perfect weekend :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

From what I have heard, the problem ultimately stemmed from when the D Section told the Pub that they were going to have 90 (!!!) people for food when infact there was only 34 which most certainly wouldn't have helped matters... I doubt they had 90 cars there all weekend!

Anyway...regarding good weather, I've booked it earlier than last year so hopefully the weather gods can provide... :lol: :roll: :wink:

Not sure what we'll have there - I fancy that I'll take the C4, dad'll have a CX of some shape there too....

Question is Robert - Pub Style or Chip Shop Style. Or both?!! :mrgreen:
Franklin