CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 6th May

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 6th May

Post by Citroening »

As May is nearly upon us, our event for this month is the Springfields Show that is on Sunday 6th May. We attended this as a group last year (see here) and was enjoyed by all.
There are flower displays by the South Holland churches, arts and craft stalls and a whole range of other interesting attractions, including of course a wide range of catering options, from hot meals in the restaurant to cold snacks and bar facilities.
Throughout the Festival Gardens there will be thousands of tulips and daffodils “blooming” in the woodlands and the landscaped flower beds, providing the usual spectacular splash of colour, although all the flower displays will be dependant on how the weather has been in the weeks leading up to parade weekend.
In addition to the Flower Festival, the Springfields Classic Car Show returns for its third year. There will be around 200 classic cars on show during the day, a must for any car enthusiasts and those who just like to admire the time and effort put in by the exhibitors.

Entrance fees
Sunday £3 all tickets
Children under 16 are FREE on both days when accompanied by an adult
Opening times: Sunday 10am to 5pm
Springfields is a large centre with lots of shopping outlets often only found in town centres - There is something for all the family - here's their website.
As mentioned it was great show last year and let's have a great turnout from us! As it's not a CCC organised event the weather will be great, too! :lol: :wink:

There is an entry form for the event although you can get in without one (!) but it helps their planning for the day. Once they have received your completed form, they will send you a confirmation letter and car pass - but if you don't for whatever reason send your form off, I'm sure that they'll let you in!

Here's a JPG of the entry form if you want the original in PDF let me know your email address...

So, anyone thinking of coming along? :?: :)
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 6th M

Post by CitroJim »

I'm working that weekend :( :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Sorry to hear that Jim. :( - Shame as was a great show last year...
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroening wrote: Shame as was a great show last year...
I know :( Bad timing Franklin....

Trouble is, because I've been working and away so much recently even if I was 'off' I badly need to catch up with a myriad of jobs here so that means the next few weekends too are spoken for :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Well it was a good day really today considering the onlook of what the weather could have been like however the rain did hold off for most of the day.

Our attendance was slightly down from last year which was unfortunate, however we still had eight cars in total with the majority being XMs and DSs - with 4 and 3 respectively. Later on in the show an early 2CV arrived too.

Pictures are below:

Our line-up:

Geoff and Tim's XMs:

Tim's XM:

The early 2CV:

Geoff's XM:

Amazingly there were too very similar XMs there - both Black with Black Leather Series 2 Exclusive's. You'd never know the difference from the outside, but Geoff's is a V6 Auto and dad's a 2.1TD Auto. So similar are they, in that I thought Geoff's car was ours and was looking for my camera kit in it and then realised after panicking that someone had nicked it... :lol: :oops: This happened when they weren't parked together though and people in the vicinity had a good laugh at me...

Mike's lovely DS:

Franklin