Hello from Somerset UK

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

nweV6
My Cars:

Hello from Somerset UK

Post by nweV6 »

Hi, I have owned Citroen cars since the late 1970's, my first was 1220 GS Pallas an exceptionally comfortable car for its time, this was followed by one of the last GSA's to be manufactured and IMHO not as good as the old GS. Then moved on to a BX GT rubber spoiler and all, very 1980's! My next BX was the amazingly powerful and great fun to drive 16 valve, lucky I didn't kill myself in that one, probably because of the superb suspension and handling. Next came a much more sedate but still very impressive 2 litre petrol Xantia VSX. My current Xantia is a 3.0 V6 a beautiful and very well appointed car even by today's standards. What next? I am hoping to move house soon and would love another wet suspension Citroen but the modern ones are too big for my needs. Perhaps a GS restoraton project...
Nigel
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Hello from Somerset UK

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Nigel.
Fair bit of Citroen experience there. Fully agree on the GS, wonderful car for its time.

:welc:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

i also agree on the G front and they still are a wonderful drive even for the current time, i think you can safely say even against a lot of modern euro box's,

there aint any newer citroens made with wet suspenders, as the XANT is the last full blooded hydraulic citroen, i don't consider the C5 to be as suspension, steering and brakes are fully indipendant systems from each other,

regards malciolm
nweV6
My Cars:

Post by nweV6 »

Hi Malcolm and myglaren

Interesting that you share my views on the early GS models. A medium size or small car with "proper" suspension would be a welcome addition to the Citroen range and It would be well suited to modern potholed roads in the UK ! We live in hope.

Regards Nigel
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

we have got a G S-P-O-T whooops section on this forum in the members only area,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome! What part of Somerset? I was born and brought up near Taunton. Not lived there for getting on 37 years now...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
nweV6
My Cars:

Post by nweV6 »

citronut wrote:we have got a G S-P-O-T whooops section on this forum in the members only area,

regards malcolm
Had a quick look at the GS/A site some very interesting stuff. It reminds me of the first job I carried out on a GS 30 odd years, replacing the very worn camshafts. The most difficult part was re-assembling all those parts that make up the air cooling ducting!
nweV6
My Cars:

Post by nweV6 »

CitroJim wrote:Welcome! What part of Somerset? I was born and brought up near Taunton. Not lived there for getting on 37 years now...
I am in Bath but I plan to move to Northumberland when I manage to complete the sale of my place here.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

nweV6 wrote: I am in Bath
When I was a kid Bath was up north :lol: :lol: :lol: Shows what a genuine yokel I once was...
nweV6 wrote:but I plan to move to Northumberland when I manage to complete the sale of my place here.
Very wise, Lovely place :-D Far from the madding crowd and just as I like it.

I'm planning on relocating to a nice, remote part of Wales as soon as I can retire for that reason. It can't come soon enough. Where I live now is just too overcrowded and urban for me...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome to the FCF Nigel :)
CitroJim wrote:
nweV6 wrote: I am in Bath
When I was a kid Bath was up north
Bath is up north, I worry sometimes that I might not cope with the temperature difference north of Yeovil :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: Bath is up north, I worry sometimes that I might not cope with the temperature difference north of Yeovil :lol:
Try living up here Kev. You've only ever seen it at it's best... It like the bloody Antarctic most of the time... And almost as desolate.

On my last trip to Aberystwyth I was amazed at the difference in the season. I reckon the season is about two weeks ahead of what it is here...
Jim

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I love your Avatar Pete :P
Jim

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.