THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: THE X RALLY - 15th April 2012.

Post by Northern_Mike »

I wish I could make it up there, but the Berlingo needs some attention, and the Activa's not going to be ready to roll until the week afterwards, a shame as it's my last full weekend off for some time.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

vince wrote:
Trainman wrote:
Deanxm wrote:i take it your going to be at CXM Steve, i dont think i could resist after another meeting with you...................

D
That, of course, will only be until I get home from work in a couple of hours ....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lol.....thats the thing with women...it can all change in a heartbeat :lol: A new car though Steve, that should buy you a few weeks :wink:
You Think :?: :?: Now who's living on "Fantasy Island"............
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Car rally n00bie here... what goes on at a rally for cars? No actual rallying I presume? I'd have to tempt Mrs. Napoleon, so let me have an idea...

Tried to register on the CCC website, but there doesn't appear to be a forum there where I can ask about that club or what goes on, where, why etc. Is this X rally going to involve other Citroens as well? What sort of numbers are there?

Re the venue, from what I can see, this house is similar to Stowe, just south of Towcester. Is that about right? I'm trying to gauge what might be on offer for the family (young children) that might mean they don't mind the 3 hour journey...

What's the position on entry to the house/gardens and the rally? All for £5? Surely not... Looks like an adult to the house and grounds is £12.

EDIT: Just re-read the thread for the third time... looks like if you are in the CCC you get to the house and gardens for half price, which can't be bad.
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Napoleon wrote:Car rally n00bie here... what goes on at a rally for cars? No actual rallying I presume? I'd have to tempt Mrs. Napoleon, so let me have an idea...
Nope, no rallying as such! :lol: It'll be like the usual CCC Rallies where we basically all park up our cars and have a good natter with everyone else - friends old and new. The Citroen community is (generally!) very friendly and everyone is welcome! Looking at each others Citroens, talking Citroens, dreaming about owning someone else's Citroen, fixing Citroens (apparently the BX Boys are planning some "technical demonstrations"!) and of course we wouldn't be without taking the mickey out of Activas... :lol: :wink: Basically if you like Citroens then you'll like this! Unfortunately you'll have to wait until September for the Pickled Eggs though - (see here)! :twisted: :twisted: There's prizes too for best BX, CX, Xantia and XM - see here.

Have a look at the following links for a taste of what they're like - CCC National Rally 2011, CCC Northern Rally 2011, CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2011 etc etc.
Napoleon wrote:Tried to register on the CCC website, but there doesn't appear to be a forum there where I can ask about that club or what goes on, where, why etc. Is this X rally going to involve other Citroëns as well? What sort of numbers are there?
There is a members only forum that you can access once you're a member of the CCC. Most CCC Forum go-ers use most of the other forums (FCF, Club-XM, BXC etc) so information is freely available. This Rally was set up mainly due to the CX, XM and Xantia owners wanting another show earlier in the year (their show is in September each year) and the BX'ers not having a show of their own. Thus, the X Rally was born! ALL Citroen's are welcome and we'll even let you in if you're not in a Citroen (it happens!).

It's the first proper CCC Event of the year which will help numbers attending and gathering from the amount of response I've seen to it, I can expect it to be very good.
Napoleon wrote:Re the venue, from what I can see, this house is similar to Stowe, just south of Towcester. Is that about right? I'm trying to gauge what might be on offer for the family (young children) that might mean they don't mind the 3 hour journey...
There's plenty to do for ALL of the family - another reason why we chose this location rather than just a field in the middle of nowhere... You can see their website here. As well the lovely House and Gardens, there is also a Fine Food Market happening at Burghley that was excellent last year.
Napoleon wrote:What's the position on entry to the house/gardens and the rally? All for £5? Surely not... Looks like an adult to the house and grounds is £12.
£5 is per car that enters the field - this is exactly what Burghley are charging us per car so no profit here! Don't forget, on production of a CCC Membership card (current! :wink: ) we benefit from a deal of two for one entry to the House & Gardens that I have managed to secure with Burghley.

We (as the East Midlands Group of the Citroen Car Club) had a visit to Burghley about this time last year - you can see this here. I'm sure all that went could agree it was an excellent day. 8-) Let's pray that we have the same weather as last year... [-o< [-o<

Any other questions just ask! :-D
Franklin
Napoleon
My Cars:

Post by Napoleon »

Think they've been answered!

See you there (directions will be clear on the site? - oops, another question!)
Tim
2009 HV09 C5 2.2
1996 N679 Xantia TD VSX estate - sold August 2012
1995 M289 Xantia TD SX hatch - sold March 2012

Tarte au Citroen

2009 24" iMac 3.06GHZ
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Napoleon wrote:See you there (directions will be clear on the site? - oops, another question!)
The full address is Burghley House, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 3JY so if you've got a sat nav stick that postcode in and it'll take you there (hopefully!). If not then here's an overview of the area - main entrance is mentionned, and the other Tag is where our area is.

They'll be plenty of signs (bright orange!) directing the way on and around the site so hopefully people won't get lost! :lol: [-o<
Franklin
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Sounds good to me Steve, I'm not sure where to meet either. I was thinking of getting there for about 10.30-11.00, how does that sound?

When you join the A1(M) how far is it to the event location from there? That'll give me a rough idea of when I need to set off.

Maybe just a services, possibly the easiest?
Chris,

M1 just south of Junction 39 there are some services called "Woolley Edge" I'm thinking something like 08:30 - 09:00 that should give us plenty of time to get the rest of the way. (Vince that would mean about 7:30 at yours?)

Just thinking out loud...... If anyone else is heading the same direction...........
Oh, a 6.30 start :lol:

Is that not on the M1 Steve? Seems a bit of a D-tour for me.

What the new car Steve, most things are better than a Corsa ... :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

...here's the main entrance that you'll want to be aiming for:

Hopefully they'll have fixed the sign since Google's been around... :wink:
Franklin
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:
Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Sounds good to me Steve, I'm not sure where to meet either. I was thinking of getting there for about 10.30-11.00, how does that sound?

When you join the A1(M) how far is it to the event location from there? That'll give me a rough idea of when I need to set off.

Maybe just a services, possibly the easiest?
Chris,

M1 just south of Junction 39 there are some services called "Woolley Edge" I'm thinking something like 08:30 - 09:00 that should give us plenty of time to get the rest of the way. (Vince that would mean about 7:30 at yours?)

Just thinking out loud...... If anyone else is heading the same direction...........
Oh, a 6.30 start :lol:

Is that not on the M1 Steve? Seems a bit of a D-tour for me.
oops Will have a look later at somewhere better..........
Citroenmad wrote:What the new car Steve, most things are better than a Corsa ... :lol:
A new Polo 1.2 Match, couldn't get to move across from the Dark Side, but hey, We got a good deal........
Steve

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Trainman wrote:A new Polo 1.2 Match, couldn't get to move across from the Dark Side, but hey, We got a good deal........
A couple of my mates have got these new Polos - they like them.

Nice idea for a convoy - we've got one planned for this way too. Nothing too big though at the moment Jason and I will be convoying (Xantia V6 and C4 Loeb) and dad's just sorting out some drivers to get a couple of XMs there - both 2.1TD Auto - one VSX and one Exclusive.

So it could possibly/likely be -> C4 Loeb, Xantia V6, XM 2.1TD VSX, XM 2.1TD Exclusive. Not to let the CX side down dad's either taking a CX DTR Turbo Safari or CX DTR Turbo 2 but he's going over earlier to set up...

Don't think there's anyone from over this way on here? We'll be A47>A15 and then cross country (Glinton-Helpston-Bainton) to Burghley...

Arrival from 9:30am please! :)
Franklin
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

That, of course, will only be until I get home from work in a couple of hours ....... :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Lol.....thats the thing with women...it can all change in a heartbeat :lol: A new car though Steve, that should buy you a few weeks :wink:[/quote]

You Think :?: :?: Now who's living on "Fantasy Island"............[/quote]

:lol: :rofl: i bid 3 days absolute tops.............

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:

A new Polo 1.2 Match, couldn't get to move across from the Dark Side, but hey, We got a good deal........
Ill have a look for a place on the A1(M) just after the M1 if that is where you will be coming onto it from?

I looked at getting a new new shape Polo about a year ago, very nearly bought a 1.2 S (AC) but didn't think id be able to live with the 60bhp for very long. Nice cars though!
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Is there a prize for the cleanest Zx ? ( probably only Zx ) on the day :wink:

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:
Trainman wrote:

Ill have a look for a place on the A1(M) just after the M1 if that is where you will be coming onto it from?
Yeah, I'm planning M61, M62 (pick Vince up, if he's coming) leaving at junction 32A, A1(M)
Citroenmad wrote:I looked at getting a new new shape Polo about a year ago, very nearly bought a 1.2 S (AC) but didn't think id be able to live with the 60bhp for very long. Nice cars though!
The 'Match' is middle of the range, Electric Windows, A/C, she only does about 6,000 miles a year.
Steve

Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Will this be your route Steve?
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Woolley ... a=N&tab=wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine is: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pe3+3jy ... a=N&tab=wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If so then we have the same run after Pontefract?
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10