Hello Peeps

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Collie

Hello Peeps

Post by Collie »

Hi All,
I'm joining you from North Derbyshire soon to be Dorset.
On my second Citroen after owning a string of Vauxhalls and Mazda MX-5 (My favourite, sorry, had to slip it in)
The first Citroen I owned was a Saxo VTR, had it for 11 months, the guy who sold it to me spent a small fortune to get it through the MOT last year and that should have said something to me, but I had 10 months of trouble free motoring, miles of smiles and good gas mileage (42mpg!) Then finally my luck broke, and had to replace the cat and handbrake cable, we also knew of another two or three minor issues that would now likely fail the MOT, and with our impending move meaning I would have a significant commute up the Motorway meant it was time to trade up?
I bought a 2002 Mk1 C5 2.0 SX (110 HDi) 104k, very tidy inside, and suprisingly clean engine bay. No service book, but was referred to the garage that serviced it for the last 7 years.
Externally it's a bit tatty, the previous owner being a little shortsighted so each corner has a significant scuff and a second hand wing mirror that does not match colourwise highlights the very slight damage on the offside front wing.
Other than that she runs sweet as a nut (touch wood).
The Saxo:
No Pics of the C5 yet, I downloaded them onto the home PC and I'm posting this at work! (Sshhh!)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Hello Peeps

Post by CitroJim »

A very warm welcome Collie :-D

I hope you'll enjoy Dorset. A lovely part of the world... One day we'll tell you about Zig-Zag Hill, one of Dorset's great attractions!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Collie

Post by Collie »

Thanks for the Welcome Jim, I hope I can make a small and maybe worthwhile contribution to this little community :)
...Zig zag hill? Hmmm I am intrigued!
Here's the C5:
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF :)

A very tidy looking Saxo VTR you had there, I do like those, I have a soft spot for Saxos and the VTR is a great little drive. Its a shame most modern little hatchbacks have got so heavy and lack the Saxos lightweight feel. I drove a 2001 1.1 Desire for quite a while, I learnt to drive in it too :lol:

Your C5 looks nice, Forrest green I believe, nice colour. Make sure the cambelt has been done, as its just passed the interval mileage and with it not having a book it might want thinking about if you don't know for certain its been done. They are good cars, im onto my third C5, the perfect motorway mile muncher. :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Collie

Post by Collie »

Had the unfortunate pleasure of receiving a puncture the other day, I couldn't change the wheel because none of the gear in the boot fitted together!. Long story short, 4 x new tyres (Kumho's) and finding out that the C5 had new disks and pads fitted, also found that the cam belt had very recently been done, and that a local garage has been servicing the car for the last 7 years. Bonus! :-)
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.