Hello From Warrington

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Monkee-Mike

Hello From Warrington

Post by Monkee-Mike »

Hi Just want to introduce myself. I'm 33 and I've owned 2 Xantia's now first one being a P reg blue 1.9td now I'm on to the second which is a 2.0 HDi its had a few problems but hopefully all is sorted.
ie suspension Arms etc lol my fault for flying over speed bumps...come say hi any time looking forward to sharing some stories with you all.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Hello From Warrington

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Mike :welc:

I am guilty of ignoring speed bumps too - really upsets the drivers of Audis, BMWs and the Mercedes S320 I rapidly caught up with yesterday evening :). He looked really aggrieved :twisted:

Doesn't appear to have had any undesirable effects yet, in six years of abuse.
Monkee-Mike

Post by Monkee-Mike »

Haha i know what you mean. well last MOT cost me £439 to get through (expensive) i know but i couldn't let her go to the citroen heaven just yet (she hasn't been broken into yet) 153k on the clock i thought that was high until i read i few over posts saying there on 300k lol. its only the 90bhp version but (-expletive removed-) me it shifts I've scared a few MR2's and Focus's cornering eventually they have just pulled over haha.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It's a strange thing.
Both of my sons and my youngest daughter, none of whom are known to hang about, think my C5 is too sedate and wallowy to be considered in any way worthwhile.
The sons have: 1, a Volvo S6 2.4 ST, 2: a Pug 1.9 D-Turbo and 3: daughter #3 has a Rover 75 but previously had 2 SAAB monsters.
I often find though that the C5 will leave potentially unbeatable adversaries in it's wake.
On the same roundabout with traffic lights, both times with me on the inside lane as I was turning off after half a mile, there was, a couple of weeks ago a Submarine WRX and yesterday a Vectra 2.0 Diesel (with much smoke) both itching to be off with the usual revving and creeping forward a few inches at a time.
Yesterday I was around the roundabout and almost to my exit before the Vectra appeared in my mirror.
The Scooby appeared when I was 50 yards out of the roundabout and soon left me in it's wake, accompanied by lots of noise and serious amounts of smoke.

Could be they can only drive fast in a straight line of course.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Mike :-D

Yes, the 2.0 HDi Xantia is a seriously good motor... And at 153K a mere child :-D Mine's on 204K almost and as sweet as a nut...

They're proving to be good survivors. If you think a 90 goes well then try a 110 :wink: For an oil-burner they're just incredible...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

welcome Mike

and i don't think it is humps causing you rear arm bearings to die they must have bin on there way out already,

as humps and bumps is what hydraulic citroens are built for,

regards malcolm
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Mike,

Welcome, another somebody from the North-West, I'm sure we'll see each other at some point, as I work in Warrington.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.