Hello people..

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

StealthSteve

Hello people..

Post by StealthSteve »

I'm Steve, 23 from York.

I had a 306 3dr in red a year and half ago, kept it for a month the scrapped it because engine was seized and working under it thru winter drained motivation out of me..

But, I have just bought myself a 306 Sedan in a darker red; 1.9 'TDSD'? for the grand sum of £95, half a tank of diesel and alloys included.

Only issues are N/S rear light cluster is slightly broken, new one ordered off Ebay already.
No tax.
No MOT, but I've driven it down the street already and it sounds sweet as a nut.

I also have a 106 1.5D in blue, I'd like to know what bits apart from front hubs I can move across before scrapping it? I love the car, had that 2 years and it also cost me £126 ready to go but it's served it's time now, any idea's what I can get off it to make it the most efficient change-over as possible?

When I'm not using either of them i'm on the bike, that's 'my' fun ;)

Cheers,

Steve.

Live life - no regrets.
Objects in my mirror are losing.
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Re: Hello people..

Post by HDI Dave »

StealthSteve wrote:
and working under it thru winter drained motivation out of me..

When I'm not using either of them i'm on the bike, that's 'my' fun ;)

:lol: I know what you mean Steve,got 4 motors meself keep me busy,glad we're getting more daylight hours/warmth at last!

What's wrong with your 106,gbox was it? Chuck another one in it,can't see it being that hard on a ickle motor :wink:

I occasionally scoot over to York meself. Nice run out for the old Xant on the A64,when my daughter, (Vanbrugh Uni), runs out of food etc :roll: (buy less beer..) :lol:

What bike you got,looks like a honda VFR**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] 400?
Got a yam 350 ypvs meself,I've rebuilt /tweaked the engine :twisted: lots left to do on it,hopefully sort it this year,sick of sitting in a tin box..(altho the Xant's luverly in cold winters :P )

Oh,welcome :lol:

Dave.
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
StealthSteve

Post by StealthSteve »

I did the while replacement clutch thing, got boring, fast lol. Now I'm using it to fund the new car's use :)

It's a 125, keeps me out of trouble... but il be getting an early R6 as soon as I've saved for it, this year.
Live life - no regrets.
StealthSteve

Post by StealthSteve »

MOT fail sheet:

There was 2 more; 1 wheel missing a nut and 1 wheel has tyre wrong way.

Parts are already ordered, less than £40 total, £40 for MOT.

The alloys have a locking nut which is an oddment and was missing at sale, so I ordered one for £2.50 today, comes tomorrow so by Sunday it will be ready for a retest and taxing.
Live life - no regrets.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

StealthSteve wrote:I did the while replacement clutch thing, got boring, fast lol. Now I'm using it to fund the new car's use :)

It's a 125, keeps me out of trouble... but il be getting an early R6 as soon as I've saved for it, this year.
Looks like an NS125R:-) I had one two , first one got nicked. Lovely little bikes. They'll indicate over 100mph if you put the right pipe on them :-) I went to a CBR600 after that, never regretted it..
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.