Hi there

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

zipdip

Hi there

Post by zipdip »

I am back in the Citroen fold after a few years with VX,I cannot seem to kick the C5 habit not because I have fond memories of my last C5 a complete money pit :( it was 2001 V6 Exclusive loved all the gadgets but it was a pain,I suspect it was damaged at sometime at the front repaired but they left a suspension pump that was needing replaceing it use to blow 40 amp fuses,then it developed a misfire went into dealership and they replaced all six of the leads at a cost of £500 sovs,that and the potential cost of £700 for a pump sent me away from Citroen as the motor was only worth £1500,but I am back I got such a good deal on a C5 1800 VTR+ 2009 with 22OOO miles one owner I could not turn it down.
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Hi there

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Zipdip :-D

Just goes to show... Once the Citroen bug bites it can never be cured... Not even the charms of Luton's finest could keep you away...

Here's hoping the new C5 will be a good 'un for you....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

Hi Citro Jim I think you are right once you have sampled the charms of the C5 you are hooked,I am amazed at the quality of these new C5s members of the family think the rear end looks like a BMW another thinks it looks like a Audi,whatever, the build quality seems very good,only time will see if the french have learnt how to do electrics,but boy I am enjoying driving it ,the sound system is great,I even love all the stupid cubby holes glasses in one ,toll money in another,and I know its crazy but the windscreen washers are the best I have ever used on any car,they spray as a fan onto the screen,just superb.
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome back to Citroen ownership :)

The majority of C5s seem to be diesels, not many 1.8 petrols about really, thought it might be the better bet in some ways.

I thought all C5s have fan style windscreen washer jets, all mine have.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.