Me and my French motors (2CV, BX, 309)

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

dollywobbler
My Cars:

Me and my French motors (2CV, BX, 309)

Post by dollywobbler »

Hi folks

I joined up here a fair while ago (when I had a Renault 21 Monaco) and have owned all manner of French tin over the years. Well, ok, mainly 2CVs and Dyanes but also an H van which I took to Sweden, a CX which I found excellent in the snow last winter (bar the intermittent heater fan...), a very early dash-change Renault 5 and an assortment of BXs - either 1.9 diesels (three of) or a 16v (biggest shed ever).

Currently own my long term 2CV, a super-rare BX Mk1 estate (2nd biggest shed ever) and a Peugeot 309 which I'm selling.

Here's the 2CV, leading a group on a run in Snowdonia yesterday.

Here's the BX, also in Snowdonia while a mate fiddles with it (planned maintenance, not a failure!)

Here's the Peugeot. Um, also in Snowdonia...

I don't live in Snowdonia, but I do seem to end up there regularly! With the Peugeot, I'd just swapped it and a large dose of cash for a Rover 75. I prefer the Peugeot. It's super-simple (right down to the overhead valve Simca-origin engine) but alas I'm always on the look-out for something new.

The BX is a major project, though I'm just about managing it as a rolling restoration. It's rotten, but not overly so. Currently got hydraulic issues which I think are weak pump related. Cleared all the nasty gunk out of the reservoir today, which has made a slight improvement. It's done 229,000, and the engine's getting a bit weak now. Considering dropping in a later 1.9 engine, though that may upset the purists (if they're not already gnashing their teeth over the condition!).

The 2CV I've owned since 2000 and we've been through a lot together. Almost 100,000 miles in fact and a complete rebuild. Has her issues, but she's a definite keeper. Few cars are as much fun to drive on Welsh roads!
1986 Citroen 2CV6
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Me and my French motors (2CV, BX, 309)

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Dollywobbler :-D

You really shouldn't show me pictures of various scenic places in Wales. I absolutely adore the place and just want to be there. I'm very envious of Robyn, my daughter, who's at Uni in Aberystwyth. A lovely place...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dollywobbler
My Cars:

Post by dollywobbler »

Howdy. Just realised I'm sure to meet a lot of folk here who I know elsewhere! (BX Club, Autoshite, 2CVGB).

I live about 12 miles from Aberystwyth. It is a very nice part of the world. When the rain stops...
1986 Citroen 2CV6
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Hi, Welcome to the FCF :-D

Im on 2cvGB too, im pretty sure ive seen pictures of your 2cv on there 8-)

There seems to be quite a few 2cv raids this time of year, I did the Tan HIll on last weekend and im considering doing the Dumfries one this coming Saturday.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

dollywobbler wrote: When the rain stops...
I know :lol: My daughter asked, as we were travelling on that lovely road between Welshpool and Machynlleth for her first visit to Aber, why the grass was so green... There's only one reason why the grass looks so lush in those parts....

I may well be down your way in February...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dollywobbler
My Cars:

Post by dollywobbler »

The Scottish 2CV run is well worth doing. Pub's nowt special, but the scenery certainly is!

CitroJim - let me know when you're around. I might be in Cornwall, but I'm sure a meet-up is on the cards if not.
1986 Citroen 2CV6
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome back Mr. Wobbler :)

I knew you hadn't been here fro a while but wasn't aware that your membership had lapsed.
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

You'll know me from Autoshite :)

Nice to see you here!
French is best.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome to the FCF :)
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair