Newbie with a C5

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

R9UKE
My Cars:

Re: Newbie with a C5

Post by R9UKE »

It was a 2.0 HDi Chris. Really lovely car. But I don't like the feel of the gearboxes. It's the same in my Grandmothers C4 1.6 HDi. Feels a bit rubbery!

Jim, you're a well balanced chap! I think a manual diesel is a step too far for me... It's the sole reason I didn't get on with my BX. Diesel V6 Auto is the limit for me at the mo!
French is best.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

That will have been the later 2.0 138 then Luke, they do driver very nicely. I have never notice my C5 having a rubbery gearchange, I tend to think that its quite nice to use. Not as nice as my Xantias but better than an Xms.

I like autos for town driving, but for faster roads I much prefer manuals. I enjoyed our 2.0 16v Xm automatic, it did make a nice change to not have to change gear, but I only really liked the box in town. I like to change gear myself.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

My little Clio auto highlights your point nicely! It's a brilliant brilliant little city car. I honestly can't see why people would spend £7-9k on an Aygo/C1/107 hateful thing when they could have car of the year 91! Which is much more pleasant in every single way.

The Avantime had to be an auto. Who wants to have to change gear in a grand touring Coupé!?

I just prefer autos really.
French is best.
andpand
My Cars:

Post by andpand »

my c5 2.0 hdi has done 226000 miles and it still feels smooth like a new car and it just seems to fall in to gear i wouldnt say mine feels rubbery at all :-D :-D :-D
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

R9UKE wrote:I honestly can't see why people would spend £7-9k on an Aygo/C1/107 hateful thing when they could have car of the year 91! Which is much more pleasant in every single way.

I just prefer autos really.
We ovbiously have very different tastes :lol:

C1s are very good fun to drive! Very funky, very simple and very appealing to me ... I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

I have a right mixture of car tastes, one extreme to the other. I either like tiny, fun cars with a bit of character that you can drive the tyres off all day long with a huge grin on your face, something with everything which makes a car but nothing you dont really need. Or big, refined, comfortable, economical and cosseting cruisers which are effortles to go anywhere in.

Autos, big petrols and medium sized cars dont really fit in there ... mind, I can't imagine you woul dget along with a 2cv very well Luke :roll: :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10