Hello from France

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

VWPowered
My Cars:

Hello from France

Post by VWPowered »

hello all, my name is john, i live in france and this is my winter beater, 1987 2.5 GTD 505 :lol:

i've only just got it, so will soon be soon enough asking questions abit upp'ing the power as i know these are pretty unbustable engines, i plan on keeping the interior and exterior as it left the factory but maybe a slight lowering and some nice wheels, 505's are now expensive here so important to keep its originality, the engine.... are there any gains to be had...

my name ahh yes before anyone says owt... its the name i use all over as i am a VW man having owed over 100 over the last 15 years :roll:

the 505 will become my daily driver to take abit of the weight of my Polo :lol:

1986 Polo 2 1.6 Breadvan, slightly modified :twisted: i also own 2 passats, another Polo 2 and a 1983 LT Truck
so hello all, look forward to seeing some of your rides, i got some cracking old french pics i'll put up as i learn my way about..

my old rides - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... d533a031ae" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kind regards

John
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Hello from France

Post by DickieG »

Welcome to the Forum John, I see that looking at your car registrations you're down Limoges way, that's where I bought my DS from :-D

13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
VWPowered
My Cars:

Post by VWPowered »

yes in between limoges and angouleme :D
VWPowered
My Cars:

Post by VWPowered »

hello all, picked up my 505 tonight, i have just found out that my new 1987 GTD 505 is really a 1985 505 Turbo Injection but in 1992 it was fitted with a 1988 GTD motor.. cracking to drive though... so anyone know anything about 505's, is the Turbo Injection top of the range ? it came with full service history, a little notebook detailing the conversion and was serviced every 5000kms, it does have electric mirrors and 4x electric windows, and a weird switch by the courtesy light with a mans mouth and test on it? any ideas what that may be..

have some pics of an abandoned yard near me, as a thank you...

VWPowered
My Cars:

Post by VWPowered »

some more pics of the beast :lol:

R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

I want a 505 big time. More so after seeing the pics. They got a petrol V6, right?
French is best.
andpand
My Cars:

Post by andpand »

loving the bready dude im well in to my dubs too the 505 looks nice and clean a great example of a great car welcome mate!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D