Brilliant new forum feature

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Brilliant new forum feature

Post by DickieG »

Has anyone else noticed that if you hover your mouse pointer over the thread title it displays the first few lines of the thread so that you have a better idea of what the thread is about before you decide to click on the thread and load it. Saves a fair bit of time avoiding threads that are not interesting or relevant to you, well done Xac :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Brilliant new forum feature

Post by CitroJim »

:D :D

I think as time goes by a lot of nice little touches will evolve :wink:

The upgrade is like going from a very early Xantia to one of the last of the V6s.Same basic thing but lots of nice, fluffy bits that are not immediately obvious but make you go 'ohhh, that's neat' when you find them...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

DickieG wrote:Has anyone else noticed that if you hover your mouse pointer over the thread title it displays the first few lines of the thread so that you have a better idea of what the thread is about before you decide to click on the thread and load it. Saves a fair bit of time avoiding threads that are not interesting or relevant to you, well done Xac :D
Xac did that at about 3am =D>
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I've noticed a couple of things aswell. I tend to put my smilies in after I write and by default the old one used to stick them at the end so I'd have to copy and paste or remember the cody bit. Imagine my shock when earlier on the smiley appeared where my cursor was :shock:

Also, when I clicked on to submit a post I thought something had gone wrong as it had seemingly just refreshed the page but upon closer inspection its telling me that someone has added a post while I've been carefully crafting my reply. It then showed me what was added just in case I wanted to review my post before potentially looking like a pillock or a slow typer!

Next thing they'll be a little light shining in the login box so I can easily put it in without fumbling about in the dark.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, I noticed all those Kev, especially the smiley one... I love how pressing the last post button takes you to the first unread post and not the very last one...

Excellent stuff...

What I really like is the tap it's installed on the side of my monitor that dispenses a never-ending supply of tea...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:
What I really like is the tap it's installed on the side of my monitor that dispenses a never-ending supply of tea...
Do I need to do some kind of computer update for that, mine hasn't got that feature yet ... :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Citroenmad wrote: Do I need to do some kind of computer update for that, mine hasn't got that feature yet ... :lol:
You need to restart your computer, it may take a little while to install the update though.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

red_dwarfers wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: Do I need to do some kind of computer update for that, mine hasn't got that feature yet ... :lol:
You need to restart your computer, it may take a little while to install the update though.
That would be a dangerous feature ... it wouldn't half boost FCF member figures though :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10