%&$@# apple products - sorry for the outage

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

car.crash

Post by car.crash »

apple phones rule to the point that no other comes close. i once tried a HTC but it was pure fail, battery was poor and it was not user friendly. even their HTC sponsored roundabout looks crap.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:
DickieG wrote: iPhones work brilliantly on the Parrot Bluetooth hands free kits I have, MKi 9200 and CK3100, what are you doing wrong Xac?
Absolutely nothing, I have a decent full featured phone.
You've got an iPhone as well then :D
You missed the "full featured" part then ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

If you don't like iPhones Xac what do you prefer?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

car.crash wrote:apple phones rule to the point that no other comes close. i once tried a HTC but it was pure fail, battery was poor and it was not user friendly. even their HTC sponsored roundabout looks crap.
Really?
I travel into London twice a week, using my phone to catch up on films and tv shows on the way.
One of my colleagues in London has recently bought a white iphone 4, not realising that you can't just transfer files to it.
So now she has to lug her old mp3 player in, copy the videos from my phone to that, then wait until she gets home to put them on her iphone.
Oh and I tested the external airplane mode button that the iphone 4 has, wow, just resting my finger on it lost 3 bars of signal. Good job she's not a southpaw otherwise she'd be holding it wrong and never be able to make calls.
But sure, if those failings make it "rule to the point that no other comes close" then that's your little secret.

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:So now she has to lug her old mp3 player in
How big is it for heavens sake, does it have wheels??
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
car.crash

Post by car.crash »

Xac wrote:
car.crash wrote:apple phones rule to the point that no other comes close. i once tried a HTC but it was pure fail, battery was poor and it was not user friendly. even their HTC sponsored roundabout looks crap.
Really?
I travel into London twice a week, using my phone to catch up on films and tv shows on the way.
you can watch movies on a iphone
One of my colleagues in London has recently bought a white iphone 4, not realising that you can't just transfer files to it.
you can via itunes
So now she has to lug her old mp3 player in, copy the videos from my phone to that, then wait until she gets home to put them on her iphone.
why dont you just upload them onto youtube or another hosting site?
Oh and I tested the external airplane mode button that the iphone 4 has, wow, just resting my finger on it lost 3 bars of signal. Good job she's not a southpaw otherwise she'd be holding it wrong and never be able to make calls. mine doesnt do that.
But sure, if those failings make it "rule to the point that no other comes close" then that's your little secret.
not sure why you hate the iphone so much in all fairness. maybe you just dont know how to use it?
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:If you don't like iPhones Xac what do you prefer?
Phones that aren't overpriced, have useful features like mass storage, video calling without hardware restrictions, internet calling, exchange integration that can handle repeating calendar entries or entries that are updated without deleting them randomly, customisable interface so I can get the phone how I want it not how someone else wants it, decent sized screen with a 16:9 resolution, over the air updates so I'm not tied to a computer, a pull down notification bar, the ability to run multiple programs at the same time, the ability to increase storage without needing to buy a new more expensive phone, the ability to view the photos and videos from my digital camera directly on my phone, with cutting edge technology inside, that doesn't shatter if dropped from a few feet.

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:I travel into London twice a week, using my phone to catch up on films and tv shows on the way.
Done to prevent copyright theft?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:So now she has to lug her old mp3 player in
How big is it for heavens sake, does it have wheels??
It's an ipod so it's quite big.
Takes up a lot of room in her handbag.
Then there's the time it takes before she can actually watch the videos.
If she had a better phone she could actually watch them on her way home for instance.

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:I travel into London twice a week, using my phone to catch up on films and tv shows on the way.
Not every film/tv show available is subject to copyright.
As I said, while I can watch films I make with my digital camera straight away, oh and view them on a HD tv with a HDMI cable, she would have to wait until she got home.

DIY sphere tool
car.crash

Post by car.crash »

so what is this magical phone we speak of? blackberry, samsung galaxy or a htc fail?
car.crash

Post by car.crash »

Xac wrote:
DickieG wrote:
Not every film/tv show available is subject to copyright.
As I said, while I can watch films I make with my digital camera straight away, oh and view them on a HD tv with a HDMI cable, she would have to wait until she got home.
the new iphone has built in hd camera with 1080p. so no ned to carry a spare camera.
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:As I said, while I can watch films I make with my digital camera straight away, oh and view them on a HD tv with a HDMI cable, she would have to wait until she got home.
Are you sure you want to watch films you make at home on a crowded train? You carry an HD tv on the train and yet complain about the size of an iPod
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:Phones that aren't overpriced, have useful features like mass storage, video calling without hardware restrictions, internet calling, exchange integration that can handle repeating calendar entries or entries that are updated without deleting them randomly, customisable interface so I can get the phone how I want it not how someone else wants it, decent sized screen with a 16:9 resolution, over the air updates so I'm not tied to a computer, a pull down notification bar, the ability to run multiple programs at the same time, the ability to increase storage without needing to buy a new more expensive phone, the ability to view the photos and videos from my digital camera directly on my phone, with cutting edge technology inside, that doesn't shatter if dropped from a few feet.
Are you James Bond?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
car.crash

Post by car.crash »

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:Phones that aren't overpriced, have useful features like mass storage, video calling without hardware restrictions, internet calling, exchange integration that can handle repeating calendar entries or entries that are updated without deleting them randomly, customisable interface so I can get the phone how I want it not how someone else wants it, decent sized screen with a 16:9 resolution, over the air updates so I'm not tied to a computer, a pull down notification bar, the ability to run multiple programs at the same time, the ability to increase storage without needing to buy a new more expensive phone, the ability to view the photos and videos from my digital camera directly on my phone, with cutting edge technology inside, that doesn't shatter if dropped from a few feet.
Are you James Bond?
james bond would obviously have a iphone. unlike louie spence who would have a pink blackberry.