xantia alarm.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kathbert
My Cars:

xantia alarm.

Post by kathbert »

could anyone tell me how to switch of the anti theft alarm after battery disconnection. I was told when i bought the car the alarm was deactivated, and that was why the remote control did'nt work, and i did'nt need a code to start the car. but when i disconnected the battery the alarm went off and no amount of button pressing would stop it. It eventually stopped about ten minutes later after reconnecting the battery and starting the engine. the haynes manual says to deactivate the system with your remote control, but what do you do when your remote control does'nt work? they also mention a master switch in the scuttle pan, operated by a master key, where can you get this master key? Any help would be much appreciated. by the way the red light operates on the remote control when the buttons are pressed, and the battery in it reads the full 6 volts.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

KATHBERT,
the master key is one of the keys supplied with the car, it does'nt have to be the remote one.
it only deactivate's the siren not the lights (flashing on/off).
YOU WILL HAVE TO OPEN THE BONNET TO DO THIS, the scuttle pan is located at the bottom of the front windowscreen, on the right hand side, the alarm silencing switich is covered by a black flap normally, which should say on to on/off, insert key, turn to off, and hey presto your alarm should now be silenced!
also does your remote work at all?, as in will it lock'unlock the car.
dom
kathbert
My Cars:

Post by kathbert »

Hi Dom, No the remote never worked since i bought the car 3 months ago. Although there is light emitting from it when viewed through a camcorder viewfinder.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

have you checked the sensor in the roof? thats the black dome.
dom
kathbert
My Cars:

Post by kathbert »

I'll check that out Dom, But what I can't understand is how does the car start without me entering a code number? Is it possible (as I've been told by the dealer who sold me it) to bypass the keypad????
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

the keypad might be in neutral mode, (let me know if you want me to explain the diffrent modes) but that still won't explain why you don't have to put in a code, might be worth a ring to main dealer (oh yes i did say main dealer haha)as i've never heard of the car starting without putting in a code!!
will also keep you informed of stereo problem.
dom
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

Hi Kathbert,
Re-being able to start without code. Looks like code has been locked out by previous owner or garage. You can only reinstate the code to work again ( i.e. keypad needing the code ) if you know the code that was there originally, otherwise the keypad will remain in a position of not requiring the code. The keypad, if it is in this mode, will be showing a green light at ignition switch on. When the keypad is needing a code, it displays a red light, and engine will not start until correct code is input. Original code is retained by E.C.U. even after battery disconnection, and I am not aware of any procedure to reset the E.C.U. to factory defaults, but I am sure this could be done, at great expense. Hope this makes sense.
Edited by - lozian on 15 Sep 2002 07:02:58
spanners

Post by spanners »

with regards to deactivating the alarm the key turn off in scuttle is usually only to turn off the siren and is not always fitted (depending on alarm type psa2 psa3) the way to disarm the complete system is to lock car for a period of 5 mins then open car door enter ignition key and turn to stage 2 dash lights on then hold down interior ultrasonic button(usually positioned to right of wiper stalk like a speaker omittig sound) the indicators will flash quickly JOB DONE. with regards to code pad i thought that when the battery was disconected even in D/N mode when reconected would lock back up ??? if this is the case it means that someone has dremoved imobiliser. you could always try factory setting code of 1111 or 0001 depending on year but be careful.
kathbert
My Cars:

Post by kathbert »

Thanks for all the helpful hints,finally got the remote control operating, after resoldering all the pins on the bigger of the three chips on the remote control pcb. As for the imobiliser, I do'nt think I'm brave enough to try different codes, I think i'd better leave well enough alone, as the car seems to start ok without it (so far)????