The CXM Rally is no more, arise the...

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

XMX

Post by XMX »

DickieG wrote:XMX, what camera/lens did you use to take those photo's, it takes vignetting to a new level.
I don't know (or care to look), but they look better IMHO, than any other ones (So far) that have been posted up for the Saturday's event !

If there irritating for you to view don't bother looking at them, or if your really that concerned you could always get the Moderators to delete my post !

:evil:

XMX

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

XMX wrote:
DickieG wrote:XMX, what camera/lens did you use to take those photo's, it takes vignetting to a new level.
I don't know (or care to look), but they look better IMHO, than any other ones (So far) that have been posted up for the Saturday's event !

If there irritating for you to view don't bother looking at them, or if your really that concerned you could always get the Moderators to delete my post !

XMX

Put your handbag down, good heavens did you get out the wrong side of bed this morning :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
XMX

Post by XMX »

I don't possess one (Handbag) and I slept very last night thank-you after a few beer's :wink:

:lol:

Last edited by XMX on 04 Sep 2011, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

XMX wrote:I don't possess one :wink:

Bed or handbag? :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
XMX

Post by XMX »

DickieG wrote:
XMX wrote:I don't possess one :wink:

Bed or handbag? :lol:
I was just editing my post, whilst you posted, so if you care to look (@ my edited post) you'll find out !

DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

XMX wrote:I don't possess one (Handbag)
Nothing wrong with handbags, my one isn't quite in view in my avatar :wink:
--------------------------------------------------------------
If there's a prize for the shortest visit to the show then I must be able to claim it as I was on site for no more than 3-5 minutes including the time to drive to the rear of the ground and out again :lol:

Having driven through monsoon rains all the way there I had a quick chat with Jim and Vince then quickly came to the conclusion that standing in a sodden field in pouring rain isn't what I'd call fun so I decided to go home straight away rather than continue the misery. Nothing to do with the people there but those conditions are not pleasant, shame the pub next door has closed down as that would have been a good place to settle for a natter, it shut down a week too early.

As every CCC show this year has been a washout it makes me wonder whether venue locations need looking at to offer an alternative such as the show being undercover or at least a decent clubhouse or bar nearby to offer shelter, the small, no atmosphere clubhouse at Little Horwood is not sufficient to cater for days like this.

--------------------------------------------------------
An observation I made when I went there yesterday was that the Xantia drivers or more realistically FCF members were far more active and chatty than the rest of the CCC members, very few CX or Xm's took part in the convoy drive (well done for the route Jim) then when we returned the FCF boys got stuck into their cars either pulling them apart or chatting to whoever was standing nearby making it appear that we were having a rally within a rally so to speak, a real party atmosphere. By contrast the rest of the attendee's just gathered in groups of two or three individuals who for the main appeared little interested in opening up to others as whenever I (or others from what I saw) passed such groups not one of them looked up as if they wanted to make contact or invite conversation.

I've been a member of the CCC for quite a few years now and have been quite active within it, writing a monthly column for five years and helping plan a couple of DSM Rallys but I can honestly say that I feel as if its still hard work finding friends there as if I'm some upstart trying to elbow my way into an exclusive club, presumably I'm not old enough or haven't owned my DS for long enough :roll:

Just recently I posted questions on the CCC forum about the lack of availability of day tickets to the ICCCR (still to this day unavailable) and why it's being held in the last week of the Olympics when many people do not have a choice of not working, not to mention the obvious clash as that's when all the premier events occur. In response two members labelled me a "moaning old coffin dodger", the chairman of the club posted immediately after such a rude/inappropriate comment but made no reference to it, I suppose I was getting above my station for daring to ask a question in open forum and deserved the abuse :roll:

Even to this day if you wish to place a "for sale" or wanted advert on the CCC forum you have to submit the advert to a committee member to decide whether its is suitable or acceptable, I ask you how stupid is that or do the committee think that the members require a level of supervision you'd only expect to see in a junior school. This matter has been raised several times on the CCC forum yet the practice still continues,,,,,,,,

Clearly not all CCC members are snooty or rude but unless the general attitude changes it makes me wonder whether the days of the CCC are becoming numbered to the point of will it survive for very much longer when there is a far more active/friendly alternative sitting here, I for one am seriously considering terminating my membership.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

DickieG wrote:
XMX wrote:I don't possess one (Handbag)

If there's a prize for the shortest visit to the show then I must be able to claim it as I was on site for no more than 3-5 minutes including the time to drive to the rear of the ground and out again :lol:

Having driven through monsoon rains all the way there I had a quick chat with Jim and Vince then quickly came to the conclusion that standing in a sodden field in pouring rain isn't what I'd call fun so I decided to go home straight away rather than continue the misery. Nothing to do with the people there but those conditions are not pleasant, shame the pub next door has closed down as that would have been a good place to settle for a natter, it shut down a week too early.

As every CCC show this year has been a washout it makes me wonder whether venue locations need looking at to offer an alternative such as the show being undercover or at least a decent clubhouse or bar nearby to offer shelter, the small, no atmosphere clubhouse at Little Horwood is not sufficient to cater for days like this.
:idea: Had we been at this venue , you - or any other member of FCF would have been most welcome to get a Warm , have a Brew / Beer / Wine , or simply just chill ....... in our CARAVAN. 8-)
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Dippy wrote: :idea: Had we been at this venue , you - or any other member of FCF would have been most welcome to get a Warm , have a Brew / Beer / Wine , or simply just chill ....... in our CARAVAN. 8-)
I don't have a problem with caravans just never owned one, pity you weren't there but you may have needed a 4x4 to pull it out of the field!

As for overtaking one or anything else for that matter, never a problem for me its what I train others to do for a living :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

DickieG wrote:
Dippy wrote: :idea: Had we been at this venue , you - or any other member of FCF would have been most welcome to get a Warm , have a Brew / Beer / Wine , or simply just chill ....... in our CARAVAN. 8-)
I don't have a problem with caravans just never owned one, pity you weren't there but you may have needed a 4x4 to pull it out of the field!

As for overtaking one or anything else for that matter, never a problem for me its what I train others to do for a living :lol:
Spot - On Sir , and is why we are considering another 4 x 4 , that and the bad winters.; I will most likely keep Synthia in any event .

We have been there before - but fuel / insurance costs exceed our bloomin mortgage !
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

XMX wrote:

XMX

My Family assures me that I look far prettier from a distance..... Must be their Camera :oops:

I like vignetting on mi' chips.......... but no salt.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I returned home about an hour ago, me and my dad have both had a really excellent weekend and the convoy drive was entreating too. Very nice to meet some great FCF and CCC members at the event and put yet more names to faces. I have also thoroughly enjoyed the Activa comparisons today which was very interesting indeed and I remain very impressed with mine.

Again many thanks goes to Jim who sorted out my leaking Activa rear ram and replaced the very very worn out ball joint on it too. My Activa is very close to being how I want it now.

My drive down and back was very enjoyable as usual, heavy traffic on the return trip but the Activas going as well as ever. 550 miles covered this weekend, not on the same tank of fuel I might add!

I have taken some pictures which should appear at some point.

The weather today was a bit wet but it did clear up and actually turned into a fairly nice afternoon. A truely excellent rally, might well be my last for the year now, as I wont be at the Midlands one next weekend, but im looking forward to next years events.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Well.
What a fantastic weekend! :D A great turnout (107 cars over the weekend!) and lots of great people too. Bit of a shame about the weather from today but a lot of people weren't put off. This afternoon after the raffle and prize giving the weather turned beautiful.

Great to see faces old and new again - too many names to mention. As for people that only attend for the day, for next year definitely attend for the evenings as well. It carried on until 3:30 in the morning... :lol:

I'm currently sorting through 812 pictures (!) :roll: so will post some up as and when. I'm looking forward to James' pictures... 8-)

The Prestige and GTi Turbo performed perfectly and the Prestige nearly sent James to sleep when he was in the back during the run! :lol:

A proper write-up with pics to follow sometime...
Franklin
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Sorry i got off without getting chance to say goodbye to everyone...Jim, Kev, Rich, Dave etc.....It was lashing it down and looked like it was there to stay....my feet were so wet that i had to drive straight to Tesco near the M1 and buy some new dry socks.....my boots are still wet.

I enjoyed it all the same though and its been a while since i have been able to attend an event so it was good to meet the guys on here again.
My missus has suggested we get an auto Xantia for our next car so happy days....Citroens will continue.

P.s. Never sleep in the back of a Xantia hatch....its not big enough...you have been warned :lol:
Last edited by vince on 04 Sep 2011, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

vince wrote: My missus has suggested wee get an auto Xantia for our next car so happy days....Citroëns will continue.
V6 Auto Activa.......... :-k JIM>>>>>>>>>>> :-**
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Im tempted Steve....if she didnt want to drive it then id seriously consider a V6 on gas.....Insurance would laugh her off as a first time driver. :(

Look at this months Octane magazine....a huge article on someone driving an SM through the southern hills of france.....you can smell the napoleon brandy that greets the exclusive V6 driver when he /she reaches their destination in some far away land..... Thats a world i want a piece of....A V6 auto citroen....bliss...oh wait, youve got one havent you :lol: ...Envy :P
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...