hello

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Foggyoutcome

hello

Post by Foggyoutcome »

hi i used to own a peugeot 406 1.9td intill yesterday. Now i have a citroen xantia and what a better drive and better aquiped car, it makes the pug seem very slow and unrevined. its nice to be able to overtake without a run up. Pug was an 97 and the xantia is a 95.
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

welcome to the fun house!

nothing quite drives like a xantia :)

i'm pleased you've seen sense and got some "proper" suspension. :P

(you'll notice a heavy bias towards LHM consumption here)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

Thanks for the welcome i do have a liitle prob with the suspension being hard on the back, its a killer over bumps. Was told its a dampening thing to adjust, how much of that is true i don't know. Reading the forum it sounds like a number of things could be causing it. I'm not ready to start tinkering yet as i only had it 2 days and just enjoyng what seems to me a petrol drive compared to the 406, the hard suspension on the back might contribute towards that.
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Welcome along , sounds like you need the spheres sorting out , :welc:

Mark
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

the hard back end could be a few things, first off though, what model of xantia do you have?

if its the spheres its a fairly easy job to do and a lot cheaper than on a sprung car :)

Also whereabouts are you?
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

I was told all the spheres were done recently. there is also a clicking noise that frequent more so when idaling.
The car is a sx model only done 100k miles and glow plugs changed very recent timing belt, year mot and tax was £500.
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

Just got the kids to bed so missed a post, forgot to mention i'm from burnham on sea. I don't mind doing the spheres myself just had a look at them and they all look very rusty, not quite sure that can happen over night so to speak, there is no bounce hardly from the back, very very stiff and the front is very bouncy.
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

Just to mention when i go over sleeping policemen its is a bone cruncher but today the back end hit a curb due to a fate going on in my small town, any way it hit the back wheel as you do and i felt nothing as if it was working perfectly.
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

Problem sorted on the back seemed the hydrolic fluid was over filled by 2.5 litres. Thanks guys i'll make sure i get to a proper thread next time not intro's
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome,

over filled hydraulic tank of citro blood will not affect the ride in any way at all,
all it will do is make a mess when the car settles all the way down on its bump stops, the citro blood will seep out past the tank lid dust seal,

if your suspension became softer after hitting the curb it is possible your hight corrector linkage/s were stuck/sticking,

or the sphere on the side you hit the curb on is still ok,

if the spheres are rusty and were done recently, maybe they were just re/gassed, and not re/placed with new,

also the clicking will almost certainly be the acumalator sphere shot, this is the one on the front of the engine/gear box,

regards malcolm
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

thanks cirtonut and did some reseach and narrowed the clicking down the the actuator as you say. The linkage corrector you talk of how easy is it to do, i'll have a search.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Foggyoutcome wrote:thanks cirtonut and did some reseach and narrowed the clicking down the the actuator as you say. The linkage corrector you talk of how easy is it to do, i'll have a search.
:welc:

Height corrector linkage servicing Here. Don't be afraid to ask if there is anything that is unclear.
Foggyoutcome

Post by Foggyoutcome »

Thanks very much. :D