Xantia remote locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andrew1967
My Cars:

Xantia remote locking

Post by Andrew1967 »

Got my Xantia N reg few weeks ago now,,,, I have the key wtih the 2 button remote locking,,,,,, I press either button, little red light on it flashes, but nothing happens to the car....
Think the batteries are dead even though I have the little red light, or will it be something else and if so is there an easy way of finding out what?
Many Thanks
Andrew
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

If you have a digital camera with a lcd display or camcorder you can fire the remote into it, most cameras that have electronic viewfinders or lcd screens will display the infrared source from the plip, try with a known good source like a tv remote if you don't see anything.
Or you can get a specially coated card from electronic stores that will reflect infrared light back in the visible spectrum.
This wont tell you that the code being put out is good or if its gobbledygook but its a start.
You can then try programing the reciever in the car the match the remote.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... PIC_ID=618
If it doesn't work you need to find a kind soul with another Xantia and try it with his plip.
Dave
spanners

Post by spanners »

ALTHOUGH THE RED LIGHT IS COMING ON IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE SIGNAL IS STRONG ENOUGH TRY NEW BATTERIES NOT DEAR ALSO TAKE PRINTED CIRCUIT OUT AND TRY SLIGHTLY BENDING THE PRONGS OUTWARD AT SWITCH POINT. IF NEITHER WORK BORROW DOUBLE PLIP FROM FRIEND TO CODE IT SIMPLY TURN IGNITION ON AND HOLD FRIENDS PLIP CLOSE TO PICK UP IN ROOF AND PRESS BUTTON 1 ABOUT 20 TIMES THEN TURN IGNITION OFF AND TRY FRIENDS PLIP IF THIS DOES NOT WORK COULD BE PICK UP IN ROOF(SMALL BLACK BALL IN ROOF LINING) OR COULD BE WORSE
Andrew1967
My Cars:

Post by Andrew1967 »

Thanks to both of you, replaced the batteries and also did the reprogramming and it all works fine now!!
Regards
Andrew
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Couldn't lock my car at work the other morning, didn't have time to fartabout with it so had to lock it with the key.
Examined the plip at lunchtime and noticed a fair build up of dust on the infrared LED, blew it out and bingo no trouble since thank god, was having bad thought's about having to spend money.
Dave
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

hi all, i am also having problems with the remote locking on a Xantia ,have tried new batts in plip and also firing it into a digital camera all works fine but will not lock the car i have 2 plips and have tried them both any more suggestions please dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

try removing the recever from the roof lining & check that no water has been leaking into it throgh the ariel base.