relays under ing switch for xantia 1.9 turbo disei

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deck121
My Cars:

relays under ing switch for xantia 1.9 turbo disei

Post by deck121 »

ihavea 1997 1.9 turbo deisal xantia i am still getting a clikking under the steering wheel cowlig by the ing switch i know someone told me their is sensors under their but what they are for i dont know the haynes manual dosent show very much to go by i would be very gratfull if anyone has had this prob and what it was also idont seem to have a very good accleration power when i am driving thro the gear box to fifth gear its very poor for a turbo thank you for any help anyone can give me this car has only done 52.000 miles just about run in and has been serviced reguarley iam very disabled and rely on my car to get around its my legs and after using various garages and being ripped of because of my disabilty they seem to think i like many of us are niaive but we are not we appceate all the help we can get to know what it is thats wrong with our cars to help stop this happeng thank you deck121
derek evans
ianchatham
My Cars:

Post by ianchatham »

You don,t say if the clicking is when moving the wheel or not , when does it occur ?.
I also have a 1997 Xantia td 1.9 with a hdx engine and no power.
After many hours spent under the bonnet , reading these pages and the
manual I have come to the conclusion that this lack of power has been put there by Citroen. Even though the block is the same as a 405 D8A
it has only a fraction of the power, and also uses more fuel.
To make it go properly would require the removal of the ECU and the CAT and the addition of a high pressure turbo and an injector pump
from an earlier non ecu car.
Too much trouble I know, just have to suffer it and not make the same mistake again.
Ian
spanners

Post by spanners »

mAY SOUND A SILLY QUESTION BUT ARE YOUR CARS DEFINATELY TD MODELS AND NOT SD MODELS A LOWER PRESSURE TURBO.