The CXM Rally is no more, arise the...

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's the Convoy Drive now written up in its first draft ready for a road test by Robyn tomorrow evening and no doubt lots of corrections. I must make certain all my lefts and rights are right and the signs say what I believe they say...

I've changed it slightly by offering a slightly shortened outward leg to the destination and a slightly longer short inward leg back to Little Horwood.

I've even got a couple of miles of fast dual-carriageway into the convoy route...

The route guide also includes some words on some points of interest you'll pass along the way. Possibly the points of interest will be unique to this guide and described nowhere else...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Very good Jim! =D>

I look forward to it! :D
Franklin
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Will this take place on the Saturday or the Sunday?
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenesque wrote:Will this take place on the Saturday or the Sunday?
Saturday Phil, so we can take a picnic lunch with us...

If you want to do it on Sunday as well, no worries... or just take the short leg in reverse to see the destination on Sunday, again, no worries...

Franklin, I guess you and Dad will want to see the route beforehand. I can email it to you as a Word document and then you can enjoy working it out using Google Maps.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Yes please Jim! :D
"cx_secretary AT citroencarclub DOT org DOT uk" will do - a CX Section Committee email will be sent soon, once dad has spoken to Joycelyn...
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I've just sent it Franklin...

No spilling the beans now... The route is to be kept under wraps until the big day...
Jim

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Recieved with thanks...

IT'S TO THE...ha...you can't read this text ! :lol: :wink: :wink:
Franklin
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I can read it.............well in had to look didnt i :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Citroening wrote:Recieved with thanks...

IT'S TO THE...ha...you can't read this text ! :lol: :wink: :wink:
Same here - if I zoom in - a lot!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Robyn, Sian and I drove the proposed convoy drive route again in the week with Robyn navigating and taking notes to correct and make clearer my navigation instructions... She's also suggested some other ideas to enhance things that have now been incorporated...

Sian was bored and curled up on the back sleep fast asleep for the whole drive. She only showed signs of life when we stopped in Buckingham and visited an excellent Italian Restaurant for a bite to eat... She says the Activa makes a fine bed...

Franklin, as soon as I've re-typed the route I'll email it to you...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh and Robyn says she may well visit the rally, that's if she's allowed in driving her Pug 206....
Jim

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:Franklin, as soon as I've re-typed the route I'll email it to you...
Great, I look forward to it Jim! =D>
CitroJim wrote:Oh and Robyn says she may well visit the rally, that's if she's allowed in driving her Pug 206....
...well we got in with a Talbot last year, and we might also be bringing another Talbot or a Peugeot this year. Time will tell and whatever it is, it should have a Fiamma F45+! :D :lol:

Bit of deja vu, that. :lol:
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, pleased to see I'm not the only one who copies posts absolutely verbatim between here and Club-XM then Franklin :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Copy and paste is a wonderful thing 8-)
Jim

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

:lol: :lol:
There are a couple of subtle differences though...

Due to this being phpBB2 and Club-Xm being phPBB3...
Franklin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

And there was me thinking that the de ja vu was a sign that I should go to bed...

I should really, though I'm rather annoyed with myself as when taking photos for an XM guide I'm writing my T20 key made a bid for freedom somewhere in the depths of the dashboard behind the heater controls. Trouble is I need a T20 to get the bottom covers off to attempt to recover it* :roll:

*I missed out the bit about having a spare set for comic effect.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair