More Power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thew
My Cars:

More Power

Post by thew »

Has anyone any suggestions of the best way of increasing the power output from my ZX TD for a reasonable cost outlay.
I'm thinking of buying a K&N Air filter as it does big mileage and I'll only have to avoid putting a few paper filters to make this financally viable, has anyone else done this, and with what effect.
What is the next best stage after this.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I used a JR performance air filter in my ZX TD for nearly 80,000 miles use, washed it occasionally with the proper cleaner, then oiled it, it lasted just fine.
There was a very slight increase in performance.
The bset way to seriously up BHP and torque is to get the Diesel Sport upgrade done at Van Aaken Developments. You get about 106 hp, and 180 lb of torque, makes the car very very driveable indeed, when I first had it done,I kept thinking I was in forth when I was still in 5th when accelerating hard. Its well worth the money, economy is still good, and emissions are lower.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
madpenguin
My Cars:

Post by madpenguin »

You can also get the upgrade done at Cituning in Nottingham as well as air filters, exhausts and induction kits. I think the sports upgrade works out a bit cheaper the Van aiken.
Rgds
Ian