radio code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kathbert
My Cars:

radio code

Post by kathbert »

Hi there, Could anyone advise me on how to obtain the security code for the fitted radio in my xantia. I bought the car two months ago but I did'nt get the radio code with it, the previous owner did'nt even know there was one. I will have to do some work on the car which will necessitate me disconnecting the battery. I would be grateful if someone could suggest the procedure of going about this.
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

Hi Kathbert,
Go to your nearest Citroen Main dealer. Ask them to obtain the radio code from Citroen. I obtained the code for my radio, free from my local Citroen Main dealer.The radio must be the factory fitted original. The dealer will require the VIN number, year, model etc. for the vechicle. The radio does NOT need to be removed from the vehicle. Hope this helps.
Edited by - lozian on 08 Sep 2002 12:00:37
kathbert
My Cars:

Post by kathbert »

Thanks for the reply Iozian, Exactly the info. I needed.
Cheers Kathbert.
hardmanm

Post by hardmanm »

Have you got the service history book for it? The main dealers usually write the number inside the front cover.
Worth a try!
Mark
kathbert
My Cars:

Post by kathbert »

Hi there again, finally prised the radio code out of a rather reluctant main dealer, after several phone calls,and after being told it would cost me £20 because of them having to fax the details around the country?????????(not having bought the car from them) Third attempt, talked to a different person, who after getting the vin number of my car, was able to get me the code in 2 minutes flat and free of charge. And even better it works a treat. Thanks for all the help.