FCF meetings

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

FCF meetings

Post by DickieG »

Further to my posts on the CXM + Xantia rally thread, something that has struck me is that FCF members quite enjoy getting together at car shows but AFAIK to date those meetings have been at CCC shows which are rather few in number, there have been a couple of meets at other venues such as Duxford but again few in number with the issue of being able to park together/find each other no doubt putting some people off attending. From what I and others have noticed is that quite a significant proportion of people attending CCC shows are not even CCC members but FCF members.

Now that Xantia's are getting old enough almost to be regarded as Classic's (CX, BX and XM's already are) what about FCF members getting together to have a stand at various car shows around the country next year?

Having a stand at a show means we have our own parking space next to each other with the added benefit of there being other makes and models to view which creates interest both for ourselves and other clubs in our cars in addition to the opportunity of potentially having FCF merchandise to sell to assist funding the forum.

Depending upon the show not all exhibited cars need to be 20+ years old, for instance how many Ford RS clubs are there and no doubt the Focus RS will be displayed at various shows so no need to feel embarrassed about your car not being old enough, if its not shiny who cares? Especially if the car has done stratospheric mileage. As far as having an older model Citroen to display at shows I have a DS to cover that base, other FCF members have similar aged French car's such as CX's etc.

Thoughts?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Sounds like a great idea to me

Mark
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

sounds like a great idea actualy, if there was more stuff towards the south i would go :lol: .
But seriously i think its a good idea.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:sounds like a great idea actualy, if there was more stuff towards the south i would go :lol: .
But seriously i think its a good idea.
That show is a prime example, I know there are similar shows at Bournemouth, Eastbourne etc.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Would such classic shows actually accept non-classic cars such as the Xantia or more modern PSA motors?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:Would such classic shows actually accept non-classic cars such as the Xantia or more modern PSA motors?
Well not all car shows are classic car shows though obviously that requires investigation for each show, for example a show local to me is the Uxbridge car show IIRC if you're part of a club then the age of the club's cars isn't an issue.
Last edited by DickieG on 18 Jul 2011, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I know the show linked above would, ive spoken to the organser each year as we take our 1934 Ford lorry there, the key thing is to let him know you are coming early, space is an issue as the show is very large now.
Im sure most shows would be the same, if you phoned and said you were a club bringing a variety of rare citroen vehicles anybody would be pleased to have you in their show.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:Would such classic shows actually accept non-classic cars such as the Xantia or more modern PSA motors?
Only one way to find out...

Richard, an excellent idea :D We need the FCF banner to be made up so we have something for the shows...

Dean, yes, down south is sadly lacking. How about the Haynes museum? We've already had a small FCF mini-meet there and it was good. They have a big grass car park especially for such meets at the rear/side of the museum proper...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Well thanks to Amdcit I can put the order in for the FCF flag at the end of the month :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:Well thanks to Amdcit I can put the order in for the FCF flag at the end of the month :)
Excellent stuff :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

always wanted to go to Haynes, dont know why ive not been.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:always wanted to go to Haynes, dont know why ive not been.

D
It's well worth it :D An excellent museum and around abouts there are some great driving roads and scenery too. We could even have a convoy drive up Zig-Zag Hill :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:We could even have a convoy drive up Zig-Zag Hill :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chase me, chase me :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

It does sound like a very good idea to me, I would be sure to attend some.
CitroJim wrote:
Deanxm wrote:always wanted to go to Haynes, dont know why ive not been.

D
It's well worth it :D An excellent museum and around abouts there are some great driving roads and scenery too. We could even have a convoy drive up Zig-Zag Hill :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that sounds like a plan, when are we doing this? :D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

:lol: , Ive driven past it so many times, been to the aircraft museum down the road several times......

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92