CCC National Rally 2011 - July 16 - 17th. CONFIRMED!

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: There are some excellent roads within a couple of miles of the site where the cornering abilities of Activa's can be tested and demonstrated to the maximum
You mean there's actually some bends around there somewhere Richard? Looks like those roads were the inspiration for the design of a ruler. Even their rivers are dead-straight :lol:

Whatever next? You'll be telling of a hill nearby. Actually We did sort of find one. There's a very small incline approaching a railway level crossing.. The only one that I've ever seen where you drive UP and over it....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

AH, was that the one where you could go over or under the railway? I have never seen that before, I opted for under it :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:
DickieG wrote: There are some excellent roads within a couple of miles of the site where the cornering abilities of Activa's can be tested and demonstrated to the maximum
You mean there's actually some bends around there somewhere Richard?
Loads of very testing ones if you know where to look, I'll have to take you for a thrash around there, hold on very very tight :twisted:
CitroJim wrote:Whatever next? You'll be telling of a hill nearby.
Now you are being silly :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

"Well done Franklin on winning shed of the show, your car is so horrible its great!! even better when your not old enough to drive! :wink: your Visa TRS is just that bit different, dont get mr wrong Lens DS is beautiful BUT its a nut and bold rebuild and he wins all the time, so I and most of the CCC boys would have been thrilled if you had won. Get it valeted next year and stick your bath rooom mirror underneath the engine!

Chris/Ray thanks for driving all that way, sorry I missed you when you left, I was too busy taking all the signs down :shock:, and thanks to all the new faces who came and said hello, especially to trianman for helping out on the gate and providing his lovely C6 to show where the entrance was.

Needless to say the GT performed fautlessly as ever, see you all at the CXM!

The next CCC national is 2013, and yes im doing it again, all suggestions welcome (not rude ones though!)

Tim.
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:AH, was that the one where you could go over or under the railway? I have never seen that before, I opted for under it :lol:
That crossing on the 16' Drain is potentially very dangerous as the correct route having priority is to go underneath but many charge over the top having no intention whatsoever of giving way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

tim leech wrote:The next CCC national is 2013, and yes im doing it again, all suggestions welcome (not rude ones though!)
Shame that, from what I can see ICCCCCCCCCR lacks direction, having no idea of advance sales unless you camp :roll: If however they offered day tickets at a reduced price now then if it suffers a poor weather forecast the money is in the bank and/or it would give greater incouragement to people like me who didn't bother coming along today.

This make me wonder about arranging a non CCC National next year,,,,,
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

DickieG wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:AH, was that the one where you could go over or under the railway? I have never seen that before, I opted for under it :lol:
That crossing on the 16' Drain is potentially very dangerous as the correct route having priority is to go underneath but many charge over the top having no intention whatsoever of giving way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll:
Yes, it did look a bit iffy.

There are some interesting signage around there, one I have not seen before is "is your indicator still on", its amazing how many people actually don't look at their dash and notice the flashing light. Mind, same is said of people who drive along with their rear wiper going on a sunny day :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

tim leech wrote:
Chris/Ray thanks for driving all that way, sorry I missed you when you left, I was too busy taking all the signs down :shock:, and thanks to all the new faces who came and said hello, especially to trianman for helping out on the gate and providing his lovely C6 to show where the entrance was.

Tim.
It was a really good weekend Tim and not one I would have missed. 500 mile trip is average for me to attend any CCC event, though I dont think that comes close to the record traveled :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

We used to have one of those near where I was born and brought up on the Somerset levels. In fact the Somerset levels bear some similarity to the area around march except that hills are visible in the near distance and there's a lot more trees...

The level crossing/underpass in question was on the old Taunton to Yeovil branch but got axed by the infamous Dr. Beeching :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

tim leech wrote: The next CCC national is 2013, and yes im doing it again, all suggestions welcome (not rude ones though!)
Well, the site is not bad at all Tim and those polytunnels were a godsend :lol:

Maybe if it gets held there again we can all go out in search of bends in the road. The first to locate one wins a prize...
Jim

DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:Maybe if it gets held there again we can all go out in search of bends in the road. The first to locate one wins a prize...
I'll claim that prize right now :lol: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:
tim leech wrote:The next CCC national is 2013, and yes im doing it again, all suggestions welcome (not rude ones though!)
Shame that, from what I can see ICCCCCCCCCR lacks direction, having no idea of advance sales unless you camp :roll: If however they offered day tickets at a reduced price now then if it suffers a poor weather forecast the money is in the bank and/or it would give greater incouragement to people like me who didn't bother coming along today.

This make me wonder about arranging a non CCC National next year,,,,,
From what I understand day ticket prices will be announced in May.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

It was a shame the weather was like it was on the Saturday as I had organised a convoy out but obviously it didn't go ahead. Main reason really is that as The Dolphin is situated right by the river, it's carpark always floods when there has been heavy rainfall. Shame as my route incorporated some nice twisty areas that would have been perfect for the Activa's!

Thanks Tim, indeed I didn't even wash the Visa 14TRS - a quick dust over and that was all. Next time, however...! :)

The ol' Beast certainly drew some attention...it was Mike's idea to put it into that line-up and en-route Matt found the PA System Microphone! :lol:

I must say that the site was good - I couldn't believe how warm it got underneath those polytunnels too! :shock: I say definitely keep it there for 2013 - "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Thanks for comments re the pictures Jim - suprisingly though I didn't take too many at all...only about 57...!

Talking of ICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCR, it has been suggested to me by a couple of people that I should take the Beast up there! :lol:
Thinking about it I would like to, but I feel some more radical modifications will be needed - I've got to up the game now...

...hold on a minute with that prize Richard - I'm only live a couple of miles away from there! :lol: :wink:
Franklin
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xac wrote:From what I understand day ticket prices will be announced in May.
May 2012?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:
Xac wrote:From what I understand day ticket prices will be announced in May.
May 2012?
No, 2047 ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool