CCC National Rally 2011 - July 16 - 17th. CONFIRMED!

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

DickieG wrote:Crikey if the rain keeps on as its been falling down here you might need a tractor to pull cars off the field :(
Or a boat!
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Haven't popped down yet but think will go down with Matt soon.
The Rally is organised by the CCC (Citroen Car Club), but everyone is welcome to attend - non CCC members entry is a tad higher in price.
Franklin
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

I've heard from Dom, and he reckons that there is about 40 cars down there.

No boats, though... :P
Franklin
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Well I didn't manage to get down there for various reasons except in the pouring rain this morning, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow! :D
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Just back from the National. Despite the very best attempts by the weather to make it a bit soggy, it was a most excellent rally :D A big hand goes to Tim Leech for ding a very fine job of organising it. Well done Tim :D

Although Saturday was a little sparse due to the weather mainly a great time was had but today the crowds really flocked in and some really gorgeous cars were present.

At the peak I believe just about every Citroen model was present bar a Traction and any RWD ones. Oddly, there were few (if any) C5s but C6s were out in force...

Most of the Xantias present were Activas including three, yes three, V6 Activas :D :D There were so many Activas I lost count in the end...

Highlights for me was good drive in an S1 XM 2.1TD and a drive of one of the V6 Activas :D :D :D

Seriously good stuff! I want one and now thinking of doing a conversion :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

I've just arrived back from my first Citroen meeting. A fantastic weekend in every respect despite the weather. Many thanks to Tim for organising.

Was great to meet a lot of new people and see some familiar faces again. Some beautiful Citroens present and, like Jim, I got a drive in a 2.1 TD XM (Thanks Kev!). I just sat grinning saying 'I want one'

I then had the opportunity to travel luxuriously in the rear of a C6 - many thanks to Trainman for that. If I thought the XM was smooth, I was blown away by the sheer comfort, pace, smoothness and toys present in a C6. I want one! :twisted:

Topping it all of, the Activa took the trip in its stride and has returned nearly 400 miles with just under 1/4 tank remaining. Really nice drive coming back today too.

I did take some pictures and will post them up in a bit.

Bring on the CXM Xantia rally!
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I decided not to leave at six this morning as the rain was absolutely lashing down.

Faired up around nine for an hour then the deluge returned until about an hour ago, giving me chance to inspect son's 306 - leaking power steering fluid. He's off to France in it next week :(
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I intended to go but the forecast of heavy rain putting off not only me but other members, a 190 mile trip and not being comfortable standing for longer than 5 minutes won the day for me.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

Thanks guys, on Saturday I was near suicidal but today was MUCH better, thanks to all who attended.

A great days for spares too! :D
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

There was certainly a very nice turnout of all things Citroen there today. :D

For XM specific pictures see here - link.

Line-up of XMs

General line-up

CXs and Ds

Tim's BX GT

Phase 1 BX 16 Valve

BX Van - How Rare??!!

CX 20

Dom's Mouse-Mobile

Shaun's Activa V6

Line-up of Xantias, including many Activas

More Activas

DS Decap

Matt's two CXs - Pallas C-Matic and Roger's Prestige

Roger's Prestige and Paul's Prestige - Rare sight to see a Series 1 and 2 together

CX 22TRS - very smart looking car too

Saxo VTS - when did you see an unmodified one of these!

People admiring my Visa Special - this time looking at the environmentally friendly spider's webs!

C6 Line-up

Shaun's Activa V6

Many thanks to all that voted for the Visa Special to become Shed of the Show! :lol:

Also, I was quite amazed that my other Visa, the 14TRS, got so many votes as the People's Choice Concourse Winner - Len Drew won the prize with his fabulous DS and beat my Visa by one vote! I was not expecting that at all at is was not at all prepared in any way - Dom and I got it out of it's garage on Friday after 5 months standing, connected the battery, dusted it off and drove it there! I didn't even wash it!! :lol: :roll:

Beauty and the Beast! :D

Unfortunately I feel that I missed out on the big Activa photoshoot at the end, as during Matt, Dad and I moving the cars back home, I stupidly left my camera bag in the C3 which had the Activa keys in it! :roll:

Well done Tim - good choice of venue too...whoever chose that...??!! :P :wink:
Franklin
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

With 9 Activas we failed to achieve the prestigious '100 Sphere Challenge Award' although we can count the TD, HDi and V6 spheres to make it up.

Either way there were many spheres in that field today! :lol:

Anyway, here are some pictures..not bad for a phone camera eh? ;)

I love the colour of this DS

Then something caught my eye on its way in, so when it came near I got a picture. I've only just realised I caught my Activa in the same frame :D

I want one! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Trainman's.

I also took a few on Saturday evening at sunset...

I did get some more pictures, including one of each of the Activas that attended but they didn't turn out too well. These are the best of the bunch, although I'm awaiting James' photos with eagerness.
Last edited by Toby_HDi on 17 Jul 2011, 21:37, edited 3 times in total.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I got home almost an hour ago, the weekend has been excellent even with the slight drizzle yesterday!

I did seem to meet a good few new FCF members and other forum members, always nice to finally meet people. Indeed it was good to see familiar faces too and have a good car chat.

The turnout was really good, im pretty sure XMs out-numbered everything else, I counted around 16 XM at one point during the day. 9 Activas visited, which is really quite something and must be the largest UK Activa gathering for quite some time.

It was odd that there was only 4-5 C5s there, usually these are out in force at CCC events but not this weekend. 6-7 C6s were there, one which we are quite tempted by but its not the right time. It was nice to see a good few A series Citroens, I particularly liked the Ami 6 Estate in original condition complete with the obligatory signs of French parking techniques. :lol:

My Activa has gone like a dream, I have driven 499.8 miles ... and it just keeps on impressing me, they are an excellent cruiser. On the way back I sat at 3500rpm 85 for most of the way, a real pleasure to go anywhere in.

Having a good few Activas together and some being V6 versions was quite interesting, chatting about what each owner thinks to them. Interestingly the V6 guys seemed to condom the TCT as a poor engine but the drivers of original Activas sing their praises in most cases. I don't agree with what is often said about the TCT, though I would like to try another one/for someone to drive mine and compare it, as mine is a bit tweaked.

The trade stalls were very good (and under cover) this year, I picked up a good few bargains, a few 5L drums of the ECS oil which my C5 desires, some Citroen oil filters too (Citroen want £14 each for those, I paid a £5 each) and some 16" C5 wheel trims to cover up my winter steels when the time comes to put winter tyres on.

Jim, Thanks ever so much for your help, I don't know what I would do without you :)
Citroening wrote:
I think I saw Chris pull in in his Activa and had a look at some cars but before I knew it he was gone - on the way back home though, I saw him coming the opposite way while in the Scooby.
Ah, about that. I had written the postcode for the rally event on the hotel information page, my dad put that one in the satnav instead of the hotels one :roll: Though I didn't work that out at first, as I was driving along a tiny road when I was expecting to find a town and a hotel. It just so happened I pulled into the show ground and then saw the CCC signs so I popped in for a brief look before going to sign in at the hotel- which was excellent by the way, thanks! I did go back to the site after that but you had gone, still, I did eventually meet you today, good to finally put a face to your name.
CitroJim wrote:
Highlights for me was good drive in an S1 XM 2.1TD ..... :D
I did really enjoy a drive in that too, despite its 7 years in a field its a very nice car that one, drives well.

My highlight was a very good ride in a V6 XM, but a proper one, an early 24V V6 Manual. That a beast of a thing, not at all how I imagines it to be and nothing like the 12v 3.0 V6 XM which I have driven nor the V6 24v C5 either. The noise and feeling of the engine through the car is really quite something, I would have never believe Citroen made an XM like that, its quite lairy! 8-) Before that I would have taken one of the V6 Activas home, but that 'real' V6 XM was something else, certainly my car of the show.

All in, an extremely enjoyable weekend, some excellent cars, great people and a good location too - those roads really are a suspension tester! Though I was a little dissapointed at the lack of any good corners! The weather can't of been too bad either, as I can still feel the sun burning through my neck and nose :lol:

My pictures will probably follow tomorrow :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:those roads really are a suspension tester! Though I was a little dissapointed at the lack of any good corners!
There are some excellent roads within a couple of miles of the site where the cornering abilities of Activa's can be tested and demonstrated to the maximum, in fact that area is possibly the best/safest place to test Activa's due to the excellent lateral vision. If the rally is held there again I'll set out a few routes for that purpose :twisted:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

DickieG wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:those roads really are a suspension tester! Though I was a little dissapointed at the lack of any good corners!
There are some excellent roads within a couple of miles of the site where the cornering abilities of Activa's can be tested and demonstrated to the maximum, in fact that area is possibly the best/safest place to test Activa's due to the excellent lateral vision. If the rally is held there again I'll set out a few routes for that purpose :twisted:
That would be good 8-)

I did potter out a few times but only really found a lot of undulating roads. Mind, the Activa really impressed me over those, it doesn't rock on individual undulations in the way other Citroens do. I drove a C5 and XM down the same roads and they were a bit more upset. I have never been on some roads quite like it, some tiny ones this afternoon were interesting, its as if someone has ploughed a field and laid out some tarmac over it :lol:

Good to know there are some good roads around there, I thought there would be somewhere and I did find a few not long after leaving when my satnav seemed to want to take the scenic route.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:Interestingly the V6 guys seemed to condom the TCT as a poor engine but the drivers of original Activas sing their praises in most cases.
Having driven a V6 and TCT almost back-to-back the TCT is a very different engine. I'd never, ever condemn the TCT as it does go very well indeed, is quiet and is smooth. And on cruise not too thirsty really.

The TCT is a good engine. End of. Oodles of low-down torque and a very willing revver. Also very reliable and pretty much bomb-proof. Not to say the V6 isn't though...

The one thing, and I think this is key, is how laggy it feels after the V6. On the V6 the power is INSTANT whereas on the TCT it's there waiting but it has to consider your request for a moment before delivering it...

Toby, delighted you enjoyed your first meet :D Some absolutely brilliant photos and to thinking they were from a phone camera as well... Yours too Franklin. Well up to your usual standard and congratulations on winning the 'Shed' award :lol: :lol: It was richly deserved...

I'm waiting with keen interest to see James's pictures :D

Chris, I have to agree in spades on the 24V PRV XM. What a car and it doesn't have just an exhaust note; more like an exhaust orchestra. Absolutely heavenly. They don't half go well too...

After today and after driving Will's 7 years in a field XM I must say owning one is a bit tempting but as you know, another has stolen my heart :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...