94 Xantia Sx Rear Suspension Collapse

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Greg Savage

94 Xantia Sx Rear Suspension Collapse

Post by Greg Savage »

I had my rear suspension spheres replaced 6 months ago due to hard ride. Recently the STOP warning light has come on a few times and I have had to top up the hydraulic fluid, but no leakage is apparent. Now the rear suspension has sagged to the lowest position and is hard. If you raise the suspension to its full height the rear raises, but when the control is put in the normal position it falls to the bottom again. The rear remains low when the engine is running.
Can somebody please give me some advice.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I'd say you've got problems with the rear height corrector or more likely, the linkages to it are either stuck or broken.
Either way, not a big problem. Suggest you start off by checking out various posts on "Common faults & Fixes" on this forum and then scanning through the archives on this (Citroen) forum.
Alan S
Greg Savage

Post by Greg Savage »

Thanks Alan, yes the plastic link on the rear height corrector had popped off. Could that also explain the need to top up and the warning light coming on though?
Greg
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

No, the stop warning light is certainly another problem. Are you sure it's the hydraulic level that is causing the stop lamp to light? there are a number of other sensors coupled to that light (coolant level, coolant temp, etc.)
If you really are using LHM, you've got a leak, either external (look for pools of green liquid) or internal, inside a sphere (busted diaphragm). Has the front gone all hard? or is the accumulator ticking like the clappers?
//NiSk