CCC East Midlands Group Meet - Springfields Show - 1st May

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Admittedly a bit late, but it's been on the CCC for a while and forgot to pop it on here...

After the very successful meeting at Burghley house with 17 cars, the next meeting of the Group is on the 1st May, to the Classic Car Show organised at Springfields Garden Centre in Spalding Lincs.

Springfields is a large centre with lots of shopping outlets often only found in town centres - There is something for all the family - here's their website.

We've got a total of 25 spaces held for us, which will be plenty but it will be nice to get near to that figure - at the moment we have got a total of 19 cars booked.

The is an entry form to get into the show, but if you're reading this and haven't send it off, we're sure that they'll let you in on production of the Citroen Car Club Membership card.

Time-wise, the show starts at 10:00am but you can arrive from 8:30am
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I plan to be there...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Good to hear Jim - we're going in dad's Series 1 CX Prestige. 8-)
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :D It'll be good to see a CX again...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

..yep, I spent all of this afternoon cleaning it ready - and in black with black leather it looks very presidential, and there really should've been one at Westminster yesterday! :lol:
Franklin
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

A very nice day today with a nice turnout of vehicles ranging from an Ami 8 to an XM and a Visa to a CX and the Xantia and BX in between.

Dad's Prestige:
^^What a two car combination - both black with black leather!^^

There was also a BX GTi 8v with another club that was for sale - looked clean especially at 57,000 miles from new and FSH, but no real future in it at £1100.

Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A very excellent do indeed and a show of many classic cars.. Thoroughly enjoyed :D

As Franklin has done an excellent job of capturing the CCC area of the show, here's couple of unusuals from what i took..

A flowery Mini... Brings a whole new meaning to 'Flower Power' :roll: This car was made entirely from what appears to have been tulips..

Of all the non-Citroens, this was my favourite of the whole show. A very well modified Ford Popular 100E...

Under the shell the car was mechanically completely re-worked and to a very high standard too. Powered by a heavily tuned and modified Ford Pinto...

The paint job was outstanding....

It was a bit breezy there and as usual I've caught the sun a bit... I'm glowing in places...
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What's that finny thing to the offside of your photographed blue-green XM? Facel-Vega or Simca?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's a Lomax Adam,

A 2CV based three-wheeler kit car....
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Sixth photo down - the Lomax is a few more frames along, and to the right rear of an XM.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh that one!

That's a Ford Zephyr of about 1962-63 as used in Z cars...

One similar to this one:

Not sure if that one was a Zephyr 4, 6 or a Zephyr Zodiac...
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Rear door threw me - sheer glass; quarter window is fixed in the C-pillar.