Greetings from Worcestershire

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

BrianDamaged

Greetings from Worcestershire

Post by BrianDamaged »

Hi, I'm Brian, 46, from Bromsgrove, drive HGV's for a living, and (as any of you who frequent the Retro-Rides forum, which I've been a part of for years now, will know) drive French cars coz I love 'em!

I was indoctrinated at an early age, when I was a lad in the 70s we pulled a caravan all over the UK with a succession of Peugeot 504 Familiales. Indeed my father still drives a big Pug as a daily ('86 505 GTDT) as well as owning a '97 Partner van parts-chaser and a 1961 Peugeot 403 Berline which he's owned for almost 30 years (pic below).
As a consequence of that I have owned several Peugeots over the years including a brace of 504's back in the early 1990s and later on various 205's (mainly diesel models...I'm a skinflint :lol: ) performed admirably as daily drivers.
Of late though, I seem to have crossed over to the Citroenista Dark Side, having owned a '90 BX TGD wagon, '98 Xantia TD, '81 Dyane and two late 80's 2CV's in the last few years. All have been sold on (with the exception of the BX, which died) now, and I HAD promised myself I'd stop messing about with old (or older at least) cars.
But tomorrow sees me off to view a '96 low-mile S1 Xantia 1800LX.....wish me luck! :wink:

When I'm not at work, I also enjoy motorsport (part of the service crew for a rally team on many weekends throughout the summer), photography and music ( I retired from bass-playing a few years back, but have just been tempted back into a band...)

Anyways, enough waffle for now. 8-)

Brian
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Welcome to the FCF Brian! :welc:

...I take it you're the same BrianDamaged from RR - I own the DIY Visa Special that you commented on. :D
Franklin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Brian, an impressive pedigree there :)

Hope the Xantia turns out to be all you are expecting it to be.
BrianDamaged

Post by BrianDamaged »

Citroening wrote:Welcome to the FCF Brian! :welc:

...I take it you're the same BrianDamaged from RR - I own the DIY Visa Special that you commented on. :D
One and the same. That Visa is brilliant!

Thanks for the welcome, guys. :lol: