Greetings from Croatia!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

lefebvre
My Cars:

Greetings from Croatia!

Post by lefebvre »

Hi everybody! :D
I'm stuck with citroens for, well, all my life. Even before! So, in my childhood there were fathers ds and cx, then in some short time in early '90s I've changed serie of my own, my first car gs, then few bxes and zx. For many happy years my daily drivers were two xms v6, 12 and 24v. Last one saved my foolish life in a bad crash.
Today, it's xantia activa v6 and very often, cx.
All those years also I owned many other cars "for passion and collection" such are 2cv, even some old Pugs, Mercs and Jags.

And, yes. Sorry for my english! Hope it will be readable... :oops:
"The world is driven forward by pioneers who think outside the box; opinion makers who don’t just talk but act, and idealists who defend their ideals against all resistance."

In honor to Andre Lefebvre
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

:welc: with a history of cars like that, WOW
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
lefebvre
My Cars:

Post by lefebvre »

Thanks! I was lucky when buying cars, and happy with mine choises, too.
I could die tommorow with smile... :D (hope not soon!)
But hey, BIG WOW to your ride!!! =D>
"The world is driven forward by pioneers who think outside the box; opinion makers who don’t just talk but act, and idealists who defend their ideals against all resistance."

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Hello and welcome :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

No Peugeot 605s in your history? They seem to appeal to a similar market as the XM.
lefebvre
My Cars:

Post by lefebvre »

Actually... I had two! But couldn't keep em on the road in perfect condition. You see, 605 v6 have almost all the features like xm, except changing the ride height, but what citroen engineered with hydraulics, peugeot construction lies on electrics. Simply I couldn't find electrician good enough to solve gremlins in active suspension, active direction support, abs,... Strangely, it was simpler to maintain one xm.

For many years I had '82 505 sti in my collection, which I bought from my neighbor in stunning condition (80.000kms). That was totally different story! 505 is simple and rock solid. Last model in peugeot history to maintain the glory image of "french mercedes".

Also, citroens are more fun to drive. For example LHD xm, like cx and sm, have DIRAVI...

So, my chemistry always were stronger to citroens. :D

vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Welcome to the forum :) , I too had a childhood history of being exposed and driven in various old Citroens, French and Spanish cars. You however have had a better car history than me :lol:

Vince
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
lefebvre
My Cars:

Post by lefebvre »

Thank you Vince! My interest in cars is obvious, it's more than a hobby. But in fact that parental impact were and are crucial I believe.

I'm 36 now and more than 20 years past since my first time being behind the wheel of fathers cx pallas automatic. Still today I can't express by words that sensation I feel every time I sat in cx, after many many different cars driven, even many were newer citroens. Old man was right, then and now. Old citroens are something special.

Like other things in life, it's all about feel and about happiness. Performance, fashion etc are not important. Even safety features are debatable. People still dying in cars besides all airbags.

Cars are like shoes. If you feel right in them, it's all that matters. :D