Newbie from Yorkshire, be gentle ;-)

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

arcticfox

Newbie from Yorkshire, be gentle ;-)

Post by arcticfox »

Hi there, just joined tonight, many thanks to the Admins for helping me get here :P

I live in East Yorkshire and currently own an ill Citroen Xsara 1.4LX, a thread asking for advice will follow somewhere, lol. Have had it since I bought it new in 2004 and before that had a Saxo 1.1 Desire. Both cars never let me down apart from the usual wear and tear e.g. tyres and exhaust.

Has sailed through 4 MOT's with only a broken door handle causing any failure and I definitely would buy another Citroen although there are no new models that I particularly like at the moment.

Anyway, time for me to look around and then appeal for help :cry:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Brian and a very warm welcome :D

Very pleased to see you successfully logged on!

No need to ask for us to be gentle with you, this is a very friendly little forum where new members are most welcome...

Hope we can cure your car's ills!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

:welc:
Glad you made it at long last :)

Where in GOC are you?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
arcticfox

Post by arcticfox »

myglaren wrote:
Where in GOC are you?
I'm living in Goole which can only be described as SOC (Satans own country) but I'm originally from Central Scotland.

I do however like to get away at weekends to nicer parts of GOC with my car (when it works :cry: ) and do a spot of hillwalking and camping, for relaxation purposes :lol:
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Hello and welcome :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Haven't been to Goole for a very long time. Used to pass through frequently on our way to the Swedish ferries in Immingham and Hull. Or perhaps Grimsby - Grim being the appropriate part of the name. May be better now but wasn't a place that I would have liked to stay for long back then.

I'm originally from Whitby.
arcticfox

Post by arcticfox »

myglaren wrote:Haven't been to Goole for a very long time. Used to pass through frequently on our way to the Swedish ferries in Immingham and Hull. Or perhaps Grimsby - Grim being the appropriate part of the name. May be better now but wasn't a place that I would have liked to stay for long back then.

I do love going toWhitby, apart from trying to get parked...bloomin tourists lol.

I've been to GRIMsby and have to agree, the land that time forgot.
arcticfox

Post by arcticfox »

myglaren wrote:Haven't been to Goole for a very long time. Used to pass through frequently on our way to the Swedish ferries in Immingham and Hull. Or perhaps Grimsby - Grim being the appropriate part of the name. May be better now but wasn't a place that I would have liked to stay for long back then.

I do love going toWhitby, apart from trying to get parked...bloomin tourists lol.

I've been to GRIMsby and have to agree, the land that time forgot.