cheshire C5 owner

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

signmaker61

cheshire C5 owner

Post by signmaker61 »

Hello all. Keith in cheshire signing up due to misbehaving C5 2.2 diesel. Already found some good advice so thanks to those contributors.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF :)

A misbehaving 2.2HDi? Surely not? :lol: :roll:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Keith :D
Citroenmad wrote: A misbehaving 2.2HDi? Surely not? :lol: :roll:

There is at least a wealth of information on here to stop it misbehaving!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
signmaker61

Post by signmaker61 »

Thanks chaps.
Like a few C5 owners, I think that, underneath the baffling array of faults, there's a worthy motor car desperate to get out.

Thus far, in the 5 months I've had it, I've had the anti-pollution warning every couple of days, ESP warnings, diesel additive warnings, limp mode on a regular basis, poor low-rev torque, rear tailgate strut failure (causing several bangs on the head) and the front passenger window which comes down about 3 inches when I put the wipers on. True. Apart from that, it's been fun fun fun all the way :cry: .

On the brighter side, my local indy garage might have solved the APW/ESP/limp mode issue having found a split vac pipe. And I've transported tons of stuff around without having to hire a van.

I'm getting a new Berlingo van in Jan with my job so it's bye bye C5 by the looks of things.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Thats right, the C5 is a great car, I love mine. They do have a few niggles but on the whole the are very good cars.

In truth the 2.2 isnt a bad engine, the main problem is the FAP filter and Eolys fluid which can cause the antipollition and limp home mode problems. Usually this requires a top up of the fluid and a clean of the filter. I think it can even be disabled.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
signmaker61

Post by signmaker61 »

Did I mention that I've had a new FAP filter fitted and topped up the additive? (the ECU has been reset but it still tells me it's at minimum level - and at
£35/litre, that's not what you want to see.) And I've had a new (used) intercooler fitted because the other had a hole in it. And the car shudders at between 70-80 mph despite the centreless wheels having been balanced. Stop me if this is getting boring.