Xantia Electrical layouts and aircon

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dabbler

Xantia Electrical layouts and aircon

Post by dabbler »

I have a 2.1TD (1997) hatch with Aircon, mileage 108K. I have a Haynes manual which is good for very little, except for basics.
Can anybody provide me with for a drawing that shows the locations of electrical connectors and relays.

What reliable, detailed and accurate workshop manuals are available.

What problems have people experienced with the aircon system.
Today I had the clutch on the aircon compressor badly overheat and it bletched smoke. Fortunateley Green Flag delivered myself, wife car and caravan the rest of the way- excellent service.
Can the clutch be replaced, without removing the compressor from the car, or without having to degass the aircon system.
What aircon servicers can people reccommend, and for why that operate in the Bristol area
Thanks in advance
Spanner
My Cars:

Post by Spanner »

I agree about the manual, I have a problem with the engine cooling fans not working, did you get any joy with your problem?
Is there anywhere in the Bristol area that you found, I will be passing through soon and might need it!
dabbler

Post by dabbler »

The aircon was eventually repaired by Halls Electric in Yate. They were fairly effecient, but it still cost me the price of a new compressor.
Both cooling fans had failed, they would operate intermitantly. try belting them to see if the brushes are stuck in the holders.
Citroen wanted £171 plus vat each. I obtained scrap units from a scrap yard in gloucester, cost £25 each. But carefully check they are functioning units before leaving the scrap yard. The replacement units required exchanging twice before I had two decent motors. Also check that the fans rotate in the correct direction. Purgeot 406 and 309s also use similar fans. Replacing the fans was trivial once you had removed most of the font of the car to expose the fan assemblies.
I dissembled one of the fans and discoverd that the brushes had worn done to almost nothing. This gave some explanation for the fan failure. Does anyone know of a supply of brushes, the bearings and armature windings etc appear to be sound, If i can obtain new brushes then I am reasonably confident that I could reapir the original fans.