A quick Hello to everyone

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

ashy90

A quick Hello to everyone

Post by ashy90 »

Thought I would say a quick Hello to everyone. Just joined lastnight. I thought I would join because some people I know have French cars, including my partner who has a Peugeot 206, which has had problems before, and no doubt will continue to do so :lol: so now I know where to come for help/advice.

Myself, I will put my hands up and admit I am not a fan of all French cars, however there are a select few that I am 'enthusiastic' about. I am always changing cars, buying as spares and repairing etc. but one of the next ones on my list I would like to try is a Citroen Xantia with the hydractive suspension - Exclusive/VSX model, or even better an Activa model. I am only 20 and I think the tricksy suspension could be fun :)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF :)

If you stick around im sure you will find it hard to resist an Activa or any big Citroen for that matter. There are a few young drivers of Big Cits on here, im 23, though im yet to have a Xantia ive had a few C5s.

What are you driving at the moment?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hmm... I would not put a novice into an Activa.

Seriously, the best "trainer" Citroën is a late Xantia in SX trim, possibly estate. It has a hydraulic system that's easier to get one's head around, costs less to upkeep and still eats the miles.

Last Christmas Day I did 770 miles as sole driver (one passenger) on "B" and "C" roads in the rain in the Xantia. To be blunt, there aren't many late nineties cars where you can still do that without fear of failure - or finishing with a sore bum!

To me, the Xantia's greatest shortcoming is lack of a rear wheel handbrake. :twisted:
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

addo wrote:
To me, the Xantia's greatest shortcoming is lack of a rear wheel handbrake. :twisted:
Why would you want that?

Unless your planning on doing some handbrake turns and the likes it doesnt pose a problem. Having the handbrake working on the rear of a hydraulic Citroen does provide issues.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That's exactly why I'd like it! :lol:
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

addo wrote:That's exactly why I'd like it! :lol:
Hooligan! :lol:

Im sure it could do a nice reverse J turn though!
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

Citroenmad wrote:Welcome to the FCF :)

If you stick around im sure you will find it hard to resist an Activa or any big Citroën for that matter. There are a few young drivers of Big Cits on here, im 23, though im yet to have a Xantia ive had a few C5s.

What are you driving at the moment?
Hopefully I will be sticking around - depends if you guys accept me here for not having a French car :lol: and yeah, I have a fairly long list (mental list, not an actual paper one lol) of cars I would like to own at some stage (realistic ones) and a hydraullic Citroen is one of them. The Xantia Activa looks very very tempting, or perhaps the Exclusive or VSX instead.

I am driving a Rover 400 at the moment - really its actually my Dads, leant to me when my old Astra broke - My Grandad happened to buy a new car at the same time that my Astra broke, so he gave my Dad his old Mondeo, and my Dad lent me the 400. I then scrapped my Astra and bought a Rover 45 1.8 lastyear, which is actually now being driven by my Dad.........because his Mondeo has failed the MOT.....Probably sounds confusing :lol:
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

ashy90 wrote:...Probably sounds confusing :lol:
Sort of; anyhow I'm sorry to hear your Dad failed the MOT. Will you fix him or is it weigh-in time?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:I'm sorry to hear your Dad failed the MOT.
He had a hot curry the night before and failed on emissions....

Ashy, no worries about not being a French car owner - you have an interest in them and that's all that matters :D Especially the Activa interest...

Speaking of Astras, there is a tidy 51 plate estate just down the road from me that's put a rod through the block.

It's going on the 'Bay soon and will be going very cheap I reckon...

To quote the owner's daughter "Daddy's engine went bang..."

Worse I guess than him failing an MOT...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

addo wrote:
ashy90 wrote:...Probably sounds confusing :lol:
Sort of; anyhow I'm sorry to hear your Dad failed the MOT. Will you fix him or is it weigh-in time?
The Mondeo will be fixed and re - mot'ed. Has just had a new mid and rear exhaust sections fitted costing £235! (Quite complicated exhausts on the Mondeos hence the price). Then I will get my car back :)
ashy90

Post by ashy90 »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:I'm sorry to hear your Dad failed the MOT.
Ashy, no worries about not being a French car owner - you have an interest in them and that's all that matters :D Especially the Activa interest...

Speaking of Astras, there is a tidy 51 plate estate just down the road from me that's put a rod through the block.
Yup I deffinatly will get an Xantia, hopefully an Activa.....one day!

Thats not the first time ive heard, or indeed known of an Astra to spit its engines internals out.