Hi all new member

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

con67
My Cars:

Hi all new member

Post by con67 »

Was linked here from another site, had a browse, I like!
Names Conor, have an old 94/95 306dt rat/sleeper spec fairly hard tuned, gona build a 'better' engine from a d8b xantia and will make a project thread here :D
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Hello and welcome :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Conor,

Welcome. I'm surprised but pleased to see you here. Hope you intend to stick around and share your expertise and experiences with us. I notice you've made a start in the blog section - well done and keep it up.

There's not much interest in Bosch/XUD9T tuning on this site but a few of us like to dabble and explore.
con67
My Cars:

Post by con67 »

Cheers, I noticed there wasnt a pile of xud tuning but sure I still like working at and fixing the psa cars, hows the car going mike?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Con :D

Been reading your blog. Great stuff! Especially on the mods you've done to the pump.

I'm not very into tuning in practice (who needs to when you have a 3.0L V6 under the bonnet :lol: ) but I do enjoy they theory of it all so can appreciate what you've achieved.

Whatever you do, maintain that blog of yours. It's seriously good stuff :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

con67 wrote: hows the car going mike?
She's going quite well considering it's all stock parts (including a cat in the exhaust). I think I've reached the turbo limit though, as at 25psi I'm still making hazy grey smoke on-boost up to ~3Krpm.

I've yet to adjust the max fuel, mod the governor and maybe try a 10/11mm plunger/head but all in good time and best done one step at a time, if others attempts are anything to go by :wink:

EDIT: I just read about your breakage. You say it was down to abuse - was it clutch abuse to create wheelspin or something else?
con67
My Cars:

Post by con67 »

Would never deliberately spin the wheels lol bit too old for that carry on, was showing a friend how the car was going on a quiet b road and was a little rough going from 2nd to 3rd, the rubber part of the mount was already on its way out, really shouldnt have been driving like that knowing it would go wrong........
It'll just spare me on and speed me up though, lots of ideas for the new engine some of which afaik have never been done and could be of interest to people looking economy rather than power!!