zx td smokes after roundabout when accelerating

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stoddys
My Cars:

zx td smokes after roundabout when accelerating

Post by stoddys »

I have just had the head gasket done on my 94 zx td and now it smokes when going back up the gears after low revs, any ideas what it could be please
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

This would be black smoke I presume, does the engine have the same amount of power or does it seem to have less.
Does it run the same now as it did before, does it idle or rev smoothly.
Any different engine sound's along with the smoke.
First thought's are the timing could be out by a notch or two, and would fit in with most of the above.
Or for some other reason it's now getting more fuel than the available boost pressure would otherwise require.
Look to see if the pump's position show's any signs that it has been altered, like recent spanner mark's on the nut's, look for obvious sign's of disturbance and loose connectors and pipes.
Dave
stoddys
My Cars:

Post by stoddys »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
This would be black smoke I presume, does the engine have the same amount of power or does it seem to have less.
Does it run the same now as it did before, does it idle or rev smoothly.
Any different engine sound's along with the smoke.
First thought's are the timing could be out by a notch or two, and would fit in with most of the above.
Or for some other reason it's now getting more fuel than the available boost pressure would otherwise require.
Look to see if the pump's position show's any signs that it has been altered, like recent spanner mark's on the nut's, look for obvious sign's of disturbance and loose connectors and pipes.
Dave

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>I was duped when I brought the car, so it went stright in for the head gasket, this means I dont know how well it drove before, the only thing that I have noticed is that the rev counter is a little up and down on tick over, between 9 and 10.5,but douse rev smoothly. will check out what you suggest thanks. Chris