AX: Wet/Damp weather probs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KissMyAX
My Cars:

AX: Wet/Damp weather probs

Post by KissMyAX »

Hi Guys/gals,
I'm new on here, so be gentle! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The car: AX 1.1(1124) Echo(1992)
I believe this to be single point injection(or so i'm told). The Problem: Whenever we get wet or very damp weather, my car always seems to be reluctant to pull away, usually splutters and then dies. It then usually takes a while to restart it - sometimes can't.
I have a brand new heavy duty battery, brand new Bosch Super 4 spark plugs. My nxt step is to change components of Dizzy/ ht leads -- is this a good idea??
Hoping for some help, LEE
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'd definately start by replacing the HT leads, when damp gets into old leads it can lead to the problems that you describe.
Also check the dizzy cap for cracking, and inside check for signs of damp or arcing out. If theres any doubt at all, replace the cap and arm, will probably make all the difference!
Good luck.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
KissMyAX
My Cars:

Post by KissMyAX »

Cheers Jon, I'll start with the HT leads first then!!! If still no luck, then i'll change the dizzy comp's. I'll let you know how it goes.
One other question regarding the leads - there are two product numbers on this site for the leads, do i need the ones for carb or for inj models??? Cheers mate,
LEE
Jon

Post by Jon »

Should be our ref N92606 if you've got the monopoint injection model (assuming so as you say its a 92 car)
Jon
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares