Database Cleanup and Forum Migration

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Database Cleanup and Forum Migration

Post by CitroJim »

In preparation for the migration of the forum to phpBB3 software, we will shortly be embarking on an exercise to clean up the forum memberlist database so that we take a nice clean one across.

The move to phpBB3 will be made as the current phpBB2 software is no longer supported, particularly for security patches, and phpBB3 will offer some nice new facilities. It will not happen just yet, there is a lot of behind the scenes work to do, the databse clean-up being just one of them.

Any known spammer accounts have already been removed and now we're looking at two other categories of member. Those that have registerd and have been activated but never logged on and those that have logged on but never posted. Of the former we have 1894 and of the latter, 311. Most, if not all, will be deleted in the near future as many appear to be old members from 2001 who would have joined when this was the Andyspares forum and never re-activated their membership when it became the FCF.

We are also considering deleting any new member who registers but has not logged on in a period of three months from joining. There are members with zero posts but are active and log on regularly. We will not delete those and nor will we delete any member who has posted at least once.

Therefore, if you are the owner of an account that falls into any of the categories mentioned above, please either let Steve (myglaren) or I know. Steve has has very kindly taken on the mammoth job of tidying up the database and big thanks are extended to him. Well done Steve :D
Last edited by CitroJim on 16 Sep 2009, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy1 wrote:Jim - how do i get my password restored for < superloopy > ?
A PM is on it's way with the new password Mike :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Hey Mike, you could confuse everyone and have conversations with yourself
on the forum now! :lol: :P 8) :wink:

Andrew
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Can I have a sockpuppet too so I can talk to myself in the small hours when I'm bored and lonely :twisted:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

myglaren wrote:Can I have a sockpuppet too so I can talk to myself in the small hours when I'm bored and lonely :twisted:
I'd have thought that just looking at your avatar would prevent that :wink:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

DickieG wrote:
myglaren wrote:Can I have a sockpuppet too so I can talk to myself in the small hours when I'm bored and lonely :twisted:
I'd have thought that just looking at your avatar would prevent that :wink:
Ditto she is nice! :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

And I have tickets to see her live, in Belgium.
Which will be the subject of another thread, probably.
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

In preparation for the migration of the forum to phpBB3 software, we will shortly be embarking on an exercise to clean up the forum memberlist database so that we take a nice clean one across.

The move to phpBB3 will be made as the current phpBB2 software is no longer supported, particularly for security patches, and phpBB3 will offer some nice new facilities. It will not happen just yet, there is a lot of behind the scenes work to do, the databse clean-up being just one of them.
Not that it's the end of the world, but after FCF went tits up for a short while a year or so ago, I re-joined, but have been unable to post an AVATAR....

Any thoughts Jim?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Host one on Photobucket, make sure it is less than 120 x 120 pixels and less than 6kb, you can use imaging software such as The Gimp or Irfanview to reduce larger images, also I think Photobucket now can deal with it too.

In your profile, use the lower box to "Link to off-site avatar"

Or send the image to me and I'll do it for you - may delete your account in the process though :roll:
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Host one on Photobucket, make sure it is less than 120 x 120 pixels and less than 6kb, you can use imaging software such as The Gimp or Irfanview to reduce larger images, also I think Photobucket now can deal with it too.

In your profile, use the lower box to "Link to off-site avatar"

Or send the image to me and I'll do it for you - may delete your account in the process though
OK. Where do I send it please?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have sent you my email address.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

All done finished.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

just a wee sugestion, dont go to PHPBB3. There is little to no point, and it will create a lot more hassle than worth. Been there and got the tshirt!
adsenoile

Post by adsenoile »

I really appreciate with this forum.

Thank you.

view for free system