workshop manual to help on Xsara VTS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

darrenp
My Cars:

workshop manual to help on Xsara VTS

Post by darrenp »

Hi all
Does anybody know of a workshop manual for a Xsara VTS(2.0 16v)as the cr@p Haynes book doesnt cover this model and I may be under taking the challenge of fitting a new timing belt (maybe tensioners aswell as they are cheap). Is this a similar proceedure/setup as on my old BX 16v and has it still got two tensioners or just the one.
On another note how similar is the suspension on a Pug 306 compared to my VTS as I would like to fit some powerflex poly bushes on the suspension, i know the rear engine mount one is supposed to be the same on the engine(306 GTi-6)as mine but how much further do the similarities go.
Any help on the above would be greatly recieved
Many thanks
Darren....
Jon

Post by Jon »

Don't know of any actual manual covering the VTS yet, but the Autodata manual on Timing Belt replacement would probably cover it. You'll also find the same engine in the Xantia 2.0 16v 7/95> (XU10J4R engine) so any manual covering timing belt replacement for that car would help you along. The same engine is also in the 306 2.0 16v. Its a 136 tooth belt, but I don't know about the tensioners.
The Xsara shares its front arms and bushes with the 306 and the ZX, so yes, you could fit 306 poly bushes.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but on a similar topic does anyone know what cars the BX shares its front suspension bushes with? I'm also after SuperFlex bushes but not currently listed - either that or another manufacturer that does them would be great.
Cheers
Adrian
Jon

Post by Jon »

Trust the Bx 16v Club to highjack the thread!
Adrian, BX front arm bushes are not the same as anything else that I'm aware of. A customer of ours in Swansea running a heavily modifed BX 16v has been trying to source poly bushes for his car without success.
Maybe you all ought to club together and petition the Superflex guys to make some up for you.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
adrianeaton
My Cars:

Post by adrianeaton »

Jon
We butt in everywhere ;-) Can you put me in touch with the bloke from Swansea wanting bushes also?
I've got a spare pair of front wishbones sat in the garage but need the time to get the car up in the air and make sure they're the same as on my car before sending them to SuperFlex.
SuperFlex weren't interested until I pointed out I had spare arms - they are offering to cover postage. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple like 205 or 405 bushes fitting.
Would Andyspares be interested in stocking them?
Cheers
Adrian
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Whist you're locked in deep & meaningful discussions with Superflex, could I suggest that you might also like to enquire about whether or not they do a Poly rebushing on harmonuc balances also?
I don't presently need one & it's probably too far for me to get one from, but I have heard it said out here in Oz that these can be done at a reasonable price and effectively last forever whereas the original rubber centres deteriorate with age and eventually fail.
Given the rising age of BXs as well as Xantias etc, it may be of interest to others over your way in the near future.
If they export out here and/or have franchisees or branches in this country I would also be interested in knowing.
Alan S
darrenp
My Cars:

Post by darrenp »

sorry guys ive been on my hols for 2 weeks but i am now back and ready to start playing with the VTS again yippee.
Thanks for all your help I will now be buying the Power flex bushes for the 306, and also getting some SPAX suspension (dont want to go too low though as the VTS Xsara is on its belly already).
Just thought that Powerflex make rear engine bushes for the 1.9 205/309 pugs these should fit the BX 16v/GTi shouldnt they? just thought that its worth considering as when that rubber gets soft the bloody cars eat manifold to downpipe joints like they are going out of fashion.
Perhaps we could list somewhaere a table of common parts that do transfere between medels/makes of these french beasts, it might be of some use.
Many thanks for your help agan
Darren