parts relay system

All the sticky threads from the Citroen and Activa forums have been relocated here at least on a temporary basis.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I'd be happy to take part. I even know a friend that wants to make regular booze-cruises to Cherbourg or nearby.

I'm east of Colin (Admiral) and South of Toby.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: you coward Jim
nout wrong with the 21
:lol: :lol: Noting at all wrong with the A21 if you enjoy a nice, scenic Sunday afternoon run in the countryside. Very scenic and quite nice Activa territory if progress could be made...

Me a coward? Right, here it is, cards on the table. I'm happy to travel up the M1 a reasonable distance and then down again to say, Thurruck Lakeside Services on the M25 just shy of the Dartford Crossing if that is any help? I can also branch out east or west of here as well as north.

We may be able to pass the relay baton (door) at conveniently placed services perhaps and enjoy a cuppa at the same time..

I'm planning to be at Stratford this coming weekend (Midland CCC rally) so that might offer an opportunity.

I suppose what you're really after Malcolm, is a "door to door" service :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Forgot to say, I also run between home and South Somerset pretty frequently, usually along the A34 and A303 although, for a change (and to avoid known heavy traffic in the summer) I often use the A420 Swindon/A361 Devizes/Trowbridge route.

My end point is near Taunton.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

(Midland CCC rally) so that might offer an opportunity.
Wass ischt dass?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

lolingram wrote: Wass ischt dass?
Hi Lol,

It be this!

CCC Rallies with the BX Club lads in attendance is always a hoot :lol:
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

citrojim wrote:
citronut wrote: you coward Jim
nout wrong with the 21
:lol: :lol: Noting at all wrong with the A21 if you enjoy a nice, scenic Sunday afternoon run in the countryside. Very scenic and quite nice Activa territory if progress could be made...

Me a coward? Right, here it is, cards on the table. I'm happy to travel up the M1 a reasonable distance and then down again to say, Thurruck Lakeside Services on the M25 just shy of the Dartford Crossing if that is any help? I can also branch out east or west of here as well as north.

We may be able to pass the relay baton (door) at conveniently placed services perhaps and enjoy a cuppa at the same time..

I'm planning to be at Stratford this coming weekend (Midland CCC rally) so that might offer an opportunity.

I suppose what you're really after Malcolm, is a "door to door" service :lol:
door to door Jim no not realy it needs to be door to the side of my car service, on this ocation,

regards malcolm
Last edited by citronut on 26 Aug 2008, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i am also going to try to be at Stratford, but i dont know if i will have rooom for a door on the return journey, as we intened taking parts to sell, and im not sure on having a XANT door strapped to my roof

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

myglaren wrote:I could collect it from Durham and take it to the next staging post.
hi Steve
i have sent you a pm

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:i am also going to try to be at Stratford, but i dont know if i will have rooom for a door on the return journey, as we intened taking parts to sell, and im not sure on having a XANT door strapped to my roof

regards malcolm
We can always fit the new door at Stratford Malcolm :D Join in with the BX Club lads who will be fitting an aircon and swapping a diesel pump over the weekend!
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

anyone going to Stratford over this weekend who is able/prepaired to collect an O/S rear door from between WASHINGTON/LEEDS, as myglaren (Steve) has offerd his services to collect it from tjhe DURHAM area, and come down towards LEEDS,

much ass grassy ass
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

There may be a cunning plan that may just work...

If Myglaren, you are happy to do the first stage of the "get a door to Malcolm" adventure, then:

I have a few 2.1TD bits to collect from KP and in turn he would like some rear arms from DickieG. I will be seeing DickieG in the not too distant so can collect the arms, run them up to KP at a mutually convenient time, pick up my 2.1 bits and if Myglaren can meet us there with the door, I can bring it back with me. I can add a bit more value by taking my Lexia along and doing a quick ABS diagnosis on your car KP!

It then just leaves the leg between me and Malcolm to resolve.

As I've said in the past, I'm happy to take a spin down the M1 and M25 and perhaps do a hand-off in the vicinity of the QE2 bridge. Perhaps either XanitaMan583 can come in at this point and say, hand on to jgra1 for the final leg to Malcolms in Sussex.

This is almost a rally :lol: I think it'll work as long as there is no desperate panic for the door or trailing arms..

Thoughts?
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

citrojim wrote:Forgot to say, I also run between home and South Somerset pretty frequently, usually along the A34 and A303 although, for a change (and to avoid known heavy traffic in the summer) I often use the A420 Swindon/A361 Devizes/Trowbridge route.

My end point is near Taunton.
Sometimes I find myself up Taunton, could probably go as far as Okehampton in mid devon 8)
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

citrojim wrote:There may be a cunning plan that may just work...

If Myglaren, you are happy to do the first stage of the "get a door to Malcolm" adventure, then:

I have a few 2.1TD bits to collect from KP and in turn he would like some rear arms from DickieG. I will be seeing DickieG in the not too distant so can collect the arms, run them up to KP at a mutually convenient time, pick up my 2.1 bits and if Myglaren can meet us there with the door, I can bring it back with me. I can add a bit more value by taking my Lexia along and doing a quick ABS diagnosis on your car KP!

It then just leaves the leg between me and Malcolm to resolve.

As I've said in the past, I'm happy to take a spin down the M1 and M25 and perhaps do a hand-off in the vicinity of the QE2 bridge. Perhaps either XanitaMan583 can come in at this point and say, hand on to jgra1 for the final leg to Malcolms in Sussex.

This is almost a rally :lol: I think it'll work as long as there is no desperate panic for the door or trailing arms..

Thoughts?
Jim your a GENIUS, the geographics of the UK werte never my strong point, i could always meet you the other side of the dartford crossing, but not this week end,

much ass grassy ass
regards malcolm
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Excellent stuff! Cheers jim :)

Im DN7 5BE if anyone wants to relay anything.
I go over every few weeks to warrington(M62 Junction 11) and my dad drives along it every day to westbrook and back and would be happy to drop bits off.

I drive around doncaster mainly but would go maybe 20-30miles to help people out.

Can we setup one of those googlemap things with pins if anyone knows how to??
Ps no rush for the arms as i still have to sort out a blower for the car :D
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 5e17c76182

Not sure if that works or not as i just created my google account to make it for you all :)