Hot and cold

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Hot and cold

Post by civvie »

A funny thing happened yesterday and today, came home from work and noticed that the radiator fans were on, the temp gauge didn't look high, there was plenty of water in the system and the air con wasn't switched on.
Today came home from work the air con wasn't pushing out any coldness if fact it seemed the other way round, the controls were on cold but there was heat coming out of the vents.
Reading the good ole Haynes it mentions something called "Bitron" sensors etc, could this be linked to it and where does Bitron live? Any help would be appreciated.
Steve
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

Hi Steve, apparently there is a "Bitron" temperature sensor screwed into the thermostst housing, identified by a brown wiring connector, it forms part of the "Bitron" control system for the air conditioning system. There is also a control unit for the system but i'm not sure where it is. Hope this is of some help.
Regards, Rich.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

If you look through the gaps around the n/s headlamp, you should just be able to see the Bitron control box for the aircon under the lamp.
On later face lift model's and earlier HDI's I believe it has been moved from this position, it's there on my 97td LX.
Dave
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Thanks lads for the info, will have a look when it stops raining hopefully at the weekend.
Steve
Ian B
My Cars:

Post by Ian B »

I have the same problem from time to time.
My local citroen garage is of little help but they say the Bitron control unit is located by the engine compartment fuses.
The Bitron Control unit seems to be manufactued in Spain, I have today asked them for test details or any other help.
There doesnt seem to be a real problem as every thing else works OK