ZX heater control bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thew
My Cars:

ZX heater control bulbs

Post by thew »

None of the heater controls light up on my ZX, and the Haynes manual suggests that if you remove the radio and holder that the bulbs are just twist out from behind. However I can't find them, or even any obvious wiring to them. The girlfriend's do illiminate however, but I can't find these bulbs either. Any ideas?? Could Haynes have possibly got it wrong ??
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

Hi,
Yes Hanyes (the muppets) have got it wrong. I did this a few weeks ago and almost destroyed the back of the panels trying to do what the Haynes manual said!
What you should do is get a couple of flat screwdrivers and carefully insert them in to the front of the panel between the edges. Then carefully use the screwdrivers to release to prise the front of the panel in and you should be able to remove the front panel. Once you've done this you should be easily be able to see the bullbs. I'd recommend changing them all so you don't have to do this palaver again in a few weeks time! All that is left is to piece your car back together again
Hope this helps!
thew
My Cars:

Post by thew »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll try this. I presume I have to take the black plastic console bit's off first before I start with the leaverage ??
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

I found I had to take off the following in this order - I may be wrong in places as it was a while ago!
Leg Side vents next to centre console,
Ash Tray - there are bolts behide this,
Centre Console around handbrake,
Radio - you'll need to disconnect this,
Unit comprising of the centre airvents above the radio down to the plastic which is located behide the ash tray
Unscrew and slightly move the control panel but DO NOT bother to disconnect the wires/cables at the back as I did! Just prise off the front and you should be able to change the bulbs!!
Basically follow the Hanyes manual up to the point where it tells you about removing the bulbs behide the unit.
Hope this helps
Ben