aircon bodge

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I see no inheret problem with this Weety, the big danger of course is that you'll have absolutely no protection from evaporator icing amd this can be a bit destructive to the aircon components, leading to cracks etc.

As long as you turn it off when you start to feel really cold you should be OK.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

ah what a way to spend a saturday afternoon :evil:

still i beat the rain :D

ok i have found out how to remove the air con ecu.....its really really easy at the bottom of the plastic that surrounds it is a small brightly coloured bolt...remove this and the ecu (with wires still attached) slides out in its plastic covers....see piccy below

no need to remove glovebox easy to get to

so then i moved on to testing the pressure sensor switch....i ran a live feed to the outside thick wire (definately the right wire as i have scrounged a friends xantia to check feeds etc) and i still got nothing from the air con

so i took the connection of and shorted out the two thick wires (still with my new live feed attached).....shorting out the two with ignition didnt do anything.....shorting them with the engine running and the air con started working but very very frothy and bubbly in the sight glass

so i think i have two problems with the car

air con ecu doesnt work (or has a loose connection that is hard to detect when the air con wont come on at all) so i will replace that which could well restore internal fan, flap control etc etc as well as the main air con control

then my air con needs a recharge/leak test...... if it is still holding charge it needs a new pressure switch.....(from the look of the bubbles i think the pressure switch is ok and its going to be a recharge)

i have to say the air con isnt as hard to work on as you would think...all my problems have arisen from a lack of understanding of how the system works and lack of understanding of how to remove parts
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Looks like protection from icing is done by a temperature sensor near the evaporator, item B53.
ECU fault with clickable map here:

http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/ws ... /ac405.htm

Image Image
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389