Radio kit for Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hardmanm

Radio kit for Xantia

Post by hardmanm »

I have a genuine citroen fitting kit that allows you to fit a standard radio into a Xantia (mine is pre-98, not sure if it fits a post-98), it includes a flap which closes over the front of the radio, brackets etc.
If anyone is interested make me an offer, it all cost about £50 from citroen a couple of years ago. Must go as I'm selling the car and putting the standard cit stereo back in.
Mark
roscopervis
My Cars:

Post by roscopervis »

Has it gone yet?? That is exactly what I am after. I went to Citroen and they said they have stopped selling it, even though they still do ZX ones!! I need one with the flip down front as my new stereo's face doesn't come off.
How much would you be willing to take? £20??
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi, not wanting to do Mark out of a sale but you might want to take a look here at radio fitting kit's especially at the smart lead's, which can interface the steering wheel radio controlls with head units from different manufacturer's, such as Sony and Kenwood.
Dave
http://www.ecwuk.com/auto_sound/citroen/index.htm
roscopervis
My Cars:

Post by roscopervis »

Thanks for the advice Dave but those kits I have already come across. They do not have a flip down panel to hide the head unit which is what I am after as I cannot remove the face off the unit making it more attractive to thieves.
Also the prices on that site are a bit high, the autoleads website are aboout £10 cheaper for the facia adapter.
hardmanm

Post by hardmanm »

Hi, yes I still have the kit
Why don't you send an e-mail to my home address mark_hardman@lineone.net
I have to take the kit out next weekend and re-fit the citroen radio so I coould send it any time after that
Mark
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Thanks for the advice Dave but those kits I have already come across. They do not have a flip down panel to hide the head unit which is what I am after as I cannot remove the face off the unit making it more attractive to thieves.
Also the prices on that site are a bit high, the autoleads website are aboout £10 cheaper for the facia adapter.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
stevenlizuk
My Cars:

Post by stevenlizuk »

dear all
a note on the radio surround/wiring kits
autoleads do a fascia surround so you can retro-fit a standard head unit into the o.e. radio slot which fits well and matches the other plastic of the dash.
the autoleads "smartlead" steering wheel remote adaptor lead will only work with certain SONY head units, i have just been e-mailed by one of the tech guys at autoleads to say that they have a kenwood lead in development.
kenwood themselves do a lead (CAW-70) but again this will only work with certain head units (those with a large rectangular remote port).
hope this is of some help.
steve kerr
P.S. i dont know the price of the fascia surround as halfords gave me mine for f.a. after making an arse of my order three times, but i think its under £30.
steve kerr
hardmanm

Post by hardmanm »

Hi all,
Well I still have the kit if anyone's interested!
Mark