2CV Boot changing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroen
My Cars:

2CV Boot changing

Post by Citroen »

can someone please describe to me the best
and quickest way of changing the front
wheel-side CV boot/gaiter
on the 2cv
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
on the 2cv
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
on the 2cv
Remove the front wing as it makes the job easier. Undo the drive shaft at the brake disc end, i think there are 4 bolt and 2 nuts which are 14 m/m. Pull the shaft off the studs. Remove the centre small rubber boot clips and pull the shaft apart. You should now be left with a lump of shaft in your hand and the other half on the car. You can now remove the middle boot and the CV boot. To fit the new one put some grease on the splines as this bit is larger in diameter that the boot. It will slide over with a good push. Secure the new boot on the CV joint then refit the middle boot. Refit the inner shaft piece back onto the brake disc. Apply some thead locking compound to the bolts and nuts and thighten. Refit the wing, job done!!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Citroen
My Cars:

Post by Citroen »

cheers mate!
I wasn't sure wether to remove drive shaft at both ends or not
I'll try your method.
However I cannot remove the front wing
at this moment in time - it has filler over the screws ! until I get a replacement wing.... I'd like the car to look decent
I unfortunately have the MOT soon
Darren
My Cars:

Post by Darren »

I recently read in the Citroen Car Club Magazine,of a product called "Bailcraft Sticky boot kit", its a CV boot ,split down one side with a groove and a lip on the other side ,after removing the old cv boot this one simply wraps around the cv joint and is glued together with the suplied glue, apparantly its as strong as the normal cv boot . its available from (Brown Bros (Partco)Hope this Helps.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

You can still remove the shaft with the wing on, it's just easier without. Most jobs on the front of the 2CV are easier with both wings off, even changing the spark plugs!