XANTIA FRONT FOG LIGHTS U/S

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alanjb
My Cars:

XANTIA FRONT FOG LIGHTS U/S

Post by alanjb »

This is a repeat message to make the heading more specific. The front fog lights don't work. The fuse is OK and as both lights are U/S I suspect the relay is at fault, but which one is it? Any info about relays for 1995 2L SX would be very much appreciated. The only thing I can discover is that it is a green one! Thanks alanjb
A.Batchelor
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi Alan, you know that a 30 amp relay is a green one so I presume you have "the book". If you look at the fog light relay no 2665 in the book on page 13.34 of wiring diagrams you will see the wire numbers going to this relay, simply look at the wire numbers going to the 30 amp relays on the car until you find the one that matches the diagram, the number's are printed on the wires.
There is however a complication, well it is a Citroen after all, so don't expect a miracle cure, they don't exist for Cit's I'm afraid, this being the front fog light inhibitor relay that switches them off when the main beam comes on, the number of it in the book is 2662, unfortunately this one isn't shown on any diagram that I can see, bugger.
You don't say if you have looked at the obviouse, bulb's, earth point and + supply at the lamp's.
On a negative note, the front fog's are of limited use in my experience, not enough light output to use on their own in fog, using headlights with them renders them useless.
I have been toying with idea of replacing them with driving lamp's, now they would be useful to me, since the heads are a bit lacking.
If you can't find the fault and it's looking like a relay I will have a rustle around my jeloppy and see if I can find them.
Good luck
Dave
Trevor C B
My Cars:

Post by Trevor C B »

Dave
Have you tried the uprated 'ice blue' type bulbs in the dipped lights. I found them better than the standard bulbs.
If your rear suspension is not set at the correct height your lights will be high thus losing the light on the road.
Trevor CB
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Yes Trevor have tried fancy bulbs, got four H1 Vision plus in a ZX they make an unbelievable difference to the light output, especialy because the reflectors are not pristine, but they are £9 odd a throw and if I shell out for another set for the Xantia I will still have a pair of fog's that can't cut it, they don't do this type of bulb in H3 for fog's, bummer.
I don't get flashed at by oncoming traffic so the heads aren't to high.
Dave
B_Draper
My Cars:

Post by B_Draper »

Where do you get the H1 Vision plus bulbs from as I find my ZX's light output can be pretty poor at times
Regards
Ben
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I think you can get them at Halfords but I got them online from http://www.powerbulbs.com
Depending on your model of ZX they can be fitted with either H1 or H4 so have a look first, don't rely on the application guide on that site. You also get a pair of blue side light bulbs thrown in.
Clock the Auto Express test on said site.
Dave
alanjb
My Cars:

Post by alanjb »

Thanks Dave, I didn't know the numbers were printed on the wire, I have been searching for wire colour code!
Lihts now work. It turned out to be a sticky switch. Good old WD40. Thanks again for your interest and help. alanjb
A.Batchelor