ZX Wheels & lowering

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chrisk

ZX Wheels & lowering

Post by Chrisk »

If I was to lower a five door ZX Td 35mm what are the biggest size wheels I could fit without major arch work?
Jon

Post by Jon »

The ZX 16v was already about 30mm lower than other ZX's, and that ran 6x15 wheels with 195/50/15 tyres. I ran a set of Peugeot 205GTi 1.9 alloys on last ZX I had again using 195/50/15 tyres and had no clearnace problems.
Thats about the only help I can offer here.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
jonny
My Cars:

Post by jonny »

i have had a word with performance alloys and they say u can fit 7x16 with 195 45 16 tyres without arce mods and still drop the car 35mm with no problam and thats on the 5 door
j.houltby
lionheart_zx
My Cars:

Post by lionheart_zx »

On a similar subject can any1 giv me the offset for a ZX 1.4? Any other cars which have this offset? I wanna get sum alloys for mine when i buy it but i can't afford new ones... any tips on buyin 2ndhand ones?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The following website may be able to help you (and anyone else needing that kind of info - it covers most makes and models).
It's in Swedish, but the columns read 1) no. of bolts/PCD, 2) original offset, 3) center hole size.
Best of luck
//NiSk
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The following website may be able to help you (and anyone else needing that kind of info - it covers most makes and models).
It's in Swedish, but the columns read 1) no. of bolts/PCD, 2) original offset, 3) center hole size.
http://www.ohdshop.com/bilmärke.htm#CITROEN
Best of luck
//NiSk
Chrisk

Post by Chrisk »

Not sure wot the exact offset is but I do know Peugeot alloys will definitely fit, and from wot I've heard so will Ford fitment!! Best place for second hand alloys is Loot or looking in performance magazines such as Fast Car or Max Power. Hope this helps.