Xantia Exclusive Electric Seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allmond
My Cars:

Xantia Exclusive Electric Seats

Post by allmond »

Hi all
I was vacuuming out the car the other day, moving the front seats back and forth to do a proper job!!
I left the driver's seat all the way forward, but when I went to move the passenger seat forward, I noticed that its range of movement was MUCH smaller than the driver's, about half the range of movement. Also when the driver's seat reaches its most forward position, it stops with a nice solid clunk. The passenger seat seems to grind to a halt rather than stopping decisively.
Before I take things to pieces to see if something's binding, does anyone out there own an Exclusive who can compare their seats and see if they are similar to mine?
Thanks in advance,
Jamie Allmond :)
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

Both my electric seats move fore and aft the same distance. I suspect there is something jamming the pass. seat rails. Don't forget when you take a seat out, you will need to disconnect the seat belt pre-tensioner connector. It's strongly recommended to disconnect the battery for at least 10 mins. before touching this air bag related circuit. Unlike the electric seats, this is covered in the Haynes manual.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

David
Thanks for taking the trouble to look and post an answer. I'll have a look next weekend.
Jamie Allmond