BX GTi 4 x 4

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimlad
My Cars:

BX GTi 4 x 4

Post by jimlad »

I`ve a chance to swap my GTi for a GTi 4 x 4, but the latter`s diff locking switch is missing from the centre console. Need someone who knows why this might have been removed - hopefully not bad news !
James T
joe kingswell
My Cars:

Post by joe kingswell »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I`ve a chance to swap my GTi for a GTi 4 x 4, but the latter`s diff locking switch is missing from the centre console. Need someone who knows why this might have been removed - hopefully not bad news !
James T
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
joe kingswell
My Cars:

Post by joe kingswell »

hi jimlab...the reason why your diff switch is probably missing is,either the switch itself is damaged/and or the diff cable motor is damaged or has been removed from the passenger side front wing/ if you remove the inner front wing inspection flap and look up, you will see it. a white or blue moter with a black handgrip tensioner attached to it. follow the thick black cable to the rear of the engine,where the cable enters its hole. if it is not there walk away. miss use of the diff locks can seriously damage the transferbox and related parts. alternatly you could ask him to replace the switch, and show you the diff locks working conclusively. visit the 4x4 site. good luck